Cub Wheel In A C15

kawasarki

Give Millers a ring they fit cub hubs, widened, to their B40 bikes so should know the lengths. The Bantam hub would have been better because it's wider. The normal mod is to saw the hub in half insert a band and weld back up again. Personally i feel too much trouble so i bought some billet alloy ones. Expensive but lighter and much much stronger as made in one piece from aircraft grade alloy. Only problem when using Cub hubs is because they are narrow when used in a C15 rear swingarm one side has the spokes almost vertical and as such is a weak area. Might be worth having yours widened before you rebuild the wheel B)

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Many thanks OTF for your advice , but the wheel came already in the bike & is set wrong in the frame ( wheels not in line ). How much are the billet hubs & who supplies them ? Also do you know if B25 forks are any better than WD B40 forks ? ( we have B25 in the bike ). Regards Mark.

I had my cub rim offset to obtain clearance between tyre and chain guard, it was always clogging with mud/leaves etc. To do this the hub was widened by half inch by welding in a spacer, otherwise the the righthand spokes would be almost vertical, they must angled for strength. This left the wheels out of line, which I can live with as I dont need an mot. I also fitted a spacer between hub and sprocket for additional clearance.

Many Thanks for the replies. I think the fork mods are out of my pocket range at the moment , my mate & me are very new to this game ( As in never ridden a trial yet ) but i 've done a lot of MX , Trail , Enduro. I 've been reading Sammy Millers 'Clean To The Finish ' & Don Morley's Classic British Trials Bikes for inspiration & it's a whole different ball game. I do hope i've got the same enthusiasm once i've ridden a trial.Once again many thanks for the Advice regards Mark.

• 1 month later...