Ty175 Gear Selection Problem

wezzo

Hi. Advice please. I’ve repaired my gear selector cover on my TY175. All back together again and now I cannot select any gears. It’s as if the selector forks inside the engine are jammed or not moving and won’t move the pinions.

After much huffing and puffing I took the clutch off to see the shifter assembly on the end of the gear shaft. The hooks don’t appear to engage with the pinned drum and hence won’t move anything. I tried to rotate the pinned drum manually but it seems to be locked solid.

Any ideas?

What was the repair?, and how much of the motor did you pull apart. Also how was the damage done, (it may have resulted in other issues).

If the motor was fully dismantled then there could be something binding and stopping the selector drum moving.

Really need to see the motor selector assembly with cover and clutch removed to make a decent guess. 

Engine is in tact and hasn’t been disassembled. What has been removed is the gear shaft near side cover, the splined lever where the hole becomes oval and that’s it. I’ll look to post some pictures

Mostly the gear selector mechanism in the extra casing is the problem, a bit delicate if the lever got hit it can cause a slight warping of the inner lever and cause trouble in setting gears. 

My suggestion is too inspect the parts (shaft for the gear lever and the drum lever) if they are still straight. I once had a blocked 6th gear just because the extra side case was mounted in first hurry not pefect aligned to to the shaft.