Sprocket / Gearing for more low-end torque?

feetup

I know some of you might find this funny, given how much 'torque' is supposedly available for electric trials bikes, so bear with me.  I'm just getting used to my new EM Pure Race 22, coming from a 2017 Montesa 4RT.  I've owned many other brands as well, both 2 and 4 stroke. My initial observations riding the bike for a few hours, is the power comes on much more like a 2T, there isn't a lot of torque way down low, although for sure, there is *plenty* of power.  I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with lowering the gearing a little bit more to try and obtain a bit more torque at the bottom end?

Overall the bike is just amazing,  I've been riding in mostly the Blue / Red modes (250 / 300), and I would say it overall feels much more like a 250 than a full-on 300 2 stroke to me, but for sure it has more than enough power for anything I'd want to ride at the Advanced maybe sometimes Expert level step here or there. 

Here's an interesting observation  - I'm not sure if I can post a youtube link here, but I will try.. These riders are ostensibly *WAY* beyond my level of riding in this lifetime, but to my observation, it looks like the rider struggles to get the EM to really LAUNCH the rear tire up some of the steps, like it's maybe lacking the deep low-end to  really explode and get lift from the rear wheel without a kicker.  

Anyway love the new bike.  Just wondering if anyone has played with gearing, and if they lowered, how did it feel?  I hope to see more progression from the manufacturers, it sure has taken a long time.  Check out my first post on this subject here back in 2015:

here are a couple videos, where it looks like the rider is strugging to get the bike to explode lift from the rear wheel. What do you think? 

and

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 4:22 PM, trapezeartist said:

“Pos 3 on the clutch”?

The clutch has 3 stages of adjustable spring preload. Position 3 is maximum preload.

There's more information about it on my webpage: https://www.electricmotiontech.com/home/em-epure-race/mechanicals

EM made a video about changing the plates here: https://youtu.be/DGLoEmGWLW8