Titanium front pipe for better cooling? Does it works?

luct4

Thanks Lemur

I bought the 4-ride second hand and the instructions were no longer included. Not even the parts you talk about.
I will look into which adjustments have not yet been made.

Greathings,

Luc

31 minutes ago, luct4 said:

Thanks Lemur

I bought the 4-ride second hand and the instructions were no longer included. Not even the parts you talk about.
I will look into which adjustments have not yet been made.

Greathings,

Luc

No worries Luc  The competition parts and instructions were packaged with the 260 4RT' homologation models, it is unlikely those optional components would be included in either the competition only (Repsol) or 4-Ride street versions.  Those extra parts when packaged with a new bike in the crate were typically retained by the distributor as part of their pre-delivery setup.  Bottom line is we paid extra $ for the dealers to keep things we paid for.   Instructions for race conversion were supplement to the provided service manual.  Homologation bikes also came with a horn, turn signals, handlebar switches, 2 different size rear sprockets, 2 chains in different lengths to suit the sprocket change, key steering lock, 2 header pipes, 2 heat shields to suit each header, intake and exhaust restrictors, 2 completely different headlights, one small and the other street sized including a speedometer instrument cluster, speed sensor, mirrors, 2 stainless tail pipe pieces, top airbox intake restrictor ... basically everything your 4-Ride came with to make it street legal.  There was no MAP change required after the intake and exhaust was altered, only an idle adjustment.

3 hours ago, luct4 said:

I'm also going to do a modification for the exhaus and see wath the benefits are. 

IMG_7804.jpeg

You don't need to modify what they already sell.  That is one of the parts that were supplied in duplicate and they even sent new pop rivets to change it.  It will be slightly louder and less restrictive with the change.

... Honda part number you are looking for is 18338-nn4-g30 "Cap Comp End". Conversion documentation can be found here: http://montesatrials.com.au/store/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2015_-full-power-Kit_Cota-4RT-260.pdf

Edited by lemur
more