2012 JGAS 300 EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET

charleypops

Hello All, Has anyone had to fit a new manifold gasket (spirometal O ring) to a 2012 JGAS  300. I received a new one from the  Saunders Trials place today. It fits into the head ok BUT won't fit onto the exhaust pipe. According to info on the web AND  going by the part number description, the dimensions of the new one I've got are correct BUT the outer diameter of the pipe is 40mm and the new gasket internal diameter  is 39 mm. Is it a case of heating the Gasket up to get it onto the pipe ??? Appreciate your comments / advice, cheers

Isn't it a compression type gasket between the exhaust header flange and the exhaust port? It doesn't fit over the exhaust pipe. I have also used some exhaust gasket sealer for added confidence of a seal.

When I removed the exhaust front pipe the old gasket was on the pipe so I reckon it does go onto the pipe ....but I may well be wrong ?? Plus the pipe has a shoulder on it so that the gasket butts upto to it. The gasket is the same as ones fitted to Gas Gas and a few other bikes. Pics attached

20230712_061942.jpg

20230712_061834.jpg

20230712_061956.jpg

exhaust flange.jpg

Edited by charleypops
additional pic showing exhaust pipe and flange / shoulder which is the same width as the gasket