Scott trial 2023

eiger

Evening folks hope you are all well, my lad has managed to get an entry into this years Scott trial and I’m hoping to get some advice on what will help him finish.

I’m told a Dunlop rear tyre is a must as they don’t fall off the rim easily, plus I’ll need a few extra fuel cans, if you can think of anything else which will help it’ll be much appreciated. I’m looking to source him a TRS as it what he usually rides.

Many thanks.

Pete.

You need to carry the stuff and have the ability to fix a puncture in either wheel and get it going again if its been underwater. Hopefully you wont need either but.....

Try get all your bits and bobs fixed to the bike so you arent carrying them.

A little extra juice stowed on the bike somewhere (if allowed?) can save a lot of pushing as some of the fuel stops can be near the limit for some of the modern bikes. A little luck goes a long way too. Remember its a marathon not a sprint cos its a long long way round!!

Good luck and above all enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good friend was running loops of our hard enduro course today in practice for riding next weekend in the Scott 😎 I had to take every shortcut possible just to keep up, he was setting lap times comparable to the enduro bikes and it was raining lol so he thought it was perfect practice.  Safe journey and best luck to all attending the race 👍