MAR kick-start lever

JPage

Hello

I just bought my first bike at 52. Always wanted a trial bike as a kid and I thought I'd better get on with it. 

Anyway I got a 72 MAR recently. It's in bits and mostly complete. Of all the parts I can't seem to get hold of it's a kick-start lever. If the bike was built up it wouldn't be such a problem but obviously I need to turn the engine over to build it. 

Anyone know where I might get one? I'm guessing they're the same as other Ossa models. 

True. That's why I thought it would be simpler to hold out for a genuine one. The knuckle is available to buy from a few places but I'd be looking at attaching that to some other lever. Might have to do that but rather not. 

Probably no longer available as a new item anywhere (which would be new old stock as they're no longer reproduced) You'll probably have to look out for a used one

Being a 1972 bike it will have the shaft with the fine splines if still the original shaft (ie: more splines, later bikes from '74 onwards had less splines, coarse splines) Shafts are the same apart from the number of splines, therefore interchangeable   (same with the gear shaft, they come as fine or coarse spline)  With the engine apart it might pay to swap these shafts for the coarse type as I think, not certain, that coarse spline gear levers and knuckles are more easily obtained than those for the fine spline shafts

The kickstart shape on most Ossas is very similar apart from later Phantoms which are shorter but rare as hen's teeth anyway

You mention buying the new knuckle to graft on a lever from another bike with left hand kickstart, some owners have done this as they don't like the long length of the Ossa lever