2006 Sherco 290 shock options

JimLepage

Hi there !  New here and new to trial bikes.  I bought a pretty clean bike but the shock is dead. 

I searched a lot online but the replacement/upgrade options seem really rare. 

Anyone knows about a good shock option ?   I don't want to rebuild the stock Olle, I see everywhere they were weak from start.

🤘

393391161_244059318290704_1892705012895163038_n.jpg

6 hours ago, JimLepage said:

Hi there !  New here and new to trial bikes.  I bought a pretty clean bike but the shock is dead. 

I searched a lot online but the replacement/upgrade options seem really rare. 

Anyone knows about a good shock option ?   I don't want to rebuild the stock Olle, I see everywhere they were weak from start.

🤘

393391161_244059318290704_1892705012895163038_n.jpg

@JimLepageTRP  or OHLINS   TRP  I never saw one used for sale  ever  OHLINS for sale used  fairly regularly approx 200  . Both cost 550 to 600 new

TRP and the Ohlins are both great options and they work well (have both) but realistically the stock Olle if its not sacked out, is all most of us really need for trail, clubman stuff. I do have a very nice Olle hanging on wall. You wouldnt happen to be in Chinada would you? ?   (That is an interesting rear disc guard you got there:thumbup:)

8 hours ago, pauls320 said:

TRP and the Ohlins are both great options and they work well (have both) but realistically the stock Olle if its not sacked out, is all most of us really need for trail, clubman stuff. I do have a very nice Olle hanging on wall. You wouldnt happen to be in Chinada would you? ?   (That is an interesting rear disc guard you got there:thumbup:)

The guard was on the bike. It's pretty nice. 

Yes I'm in Quebec City. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pauls320 said:

Good stuff, okay too far away then.  Trials suspensions are generally not as sophisticated as  enduro/mx , has the oil leaked out of your shock, possibly just rebound screw adjuster is wound all out?  

I'm gonna look at it next time I work on the bike. 

If someone else search the same thing as me in the future. That shop list some shocks for our application. 

https://www.dherbeymoto.com/marchand/piece_detachee_p1.php?num_rubrique=4&num_type=209&page=piece&num_rub=4&type_recherche=piece

But I finally bought a Ohlins on eBay.  🤣   Brand new, only mounted on a show displayed motorcycle.