What are you all using to watch events?

I catch up on X-trial on youtube usually months after the events air. I signed up for Club Jitsie thinking it had access to live events but it appears that it does not. Where are you all getting your feeds from in North America (I'm in Canada specifically)? I'd like to be able to watch as close to live as possible (live being difficult if events take place during the middle of our nighttimes!). X-Trial, Trial International, and others? 

Thanks!

xtrials youtube page is confusing, they make you think trials are happening when they arent. The xtrial events are the only ones that you can rely on being avaibable live. Smaller events like DL12 and last weeks chambery are hit and miss, usually they dont get live coverage. I watch xtrial on x-trial.tv. Its pay per view i think at £8 or theres a season pass for around £35. Their live coverage is pretty good, well worth it in my opinion, but last year they had a guy fill in for commentary at 1 or 2 rounds, and he was rather clueless regarding trials. The usual commentator is ok.The camera work is good though and they show everything from rider entrance to cermemony, over 2 hours of footage. If your watching the official youtube pages footage, youre watching the same footage, just condensed a little as i think they are around 45 minutes on their yt page

The offical FIM page streamed some outdoor world rounds live last year. Their footage i find is below par, camera work, commentating, what riders they choose to show, all pretty amateur. But then again its outdoor, its a much harder task than live streaming inside a small stadium, and its better than nothing on a rainy day.

Jitsie live stream some UK trials, the scott, some of the SSDT and i think they do an indoor event in germany or somewhere in europe. No big names at it. Their footage i would class as decent. IMO not worth paying for, but if youve already paid for it, worth chcecking out when its on

Most x-trials start around 7-8pm cet time so thats around 1pm CT in america.

PS im in the UK, but x-trial.tv i assume should be avaible to you in Canada.

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, faussy said:

xtrials youtube page is confusing, they make you think trials are happening when they arent. The xtrial events are the only ones that you can rely on being avaibable live. Smaller events like DL12 and last weeks chambery are hit and miss, usually they dont get live coverage. I watch xtrial on x-trial.tv. Its pay per view i think at £8 or theres a season pass for around £35. Their live coverage is pretty good, well worth it in my opinion, but last year they had a guy fill in for commentary at 1 or 2 rounds, and he was rather clueless regarding trials. The usual commentator is ok.The camera work is good though and they show everything from rider entrance to cermemony, over 2 hours of footage. If your watching the official youtube pages footage, youre watching the same footage, just condensed a little as i think they are around 45 minutes on their yt page

Jitsie streamed some outdoor world rounds live last year. Their footage i find is below par, camera work, commentating, what riders they choose to show, all pretty amateur. But then again its outdoor, and its a much harder task than live streaming inside a small stadium

Faussy thanks so much for your detailed answer. Getting answers online or anywhere else has been resulting in dead ends and dumb responses for the most part. I really appreciate this. Navigating the world of watching live/nearly live trials events seems akin to pulling teeth which seems a bit ridiculous given the connected world we are in today. Feels like I'm back in early 00s internet era attempting to figure this out. 

Going to see about signing up on X-trial now... Cheers!

Edit to add: I also signed up for Club Jitsie for the live stuff. I have to say I'm disappointed in almost every aspect of the membership, the tutorials are also not very good. Oh well live and learn I guess. 

Edited by Cota300rr
  • Like 1

No problem, first xtrial of 2024 is February 4th i think. Also be careful if you see live footage advertised of some of the smaller european indoors on facebook, they can be scams. There was a link being shared on the offical chambery trial facebook page on saturday there and it looked everything like a scam page to me.

Edited by faussy

6 minutes ago, faussy said:

No problem, first xtrial of 2024 is February 4th i think. Also be careful if you see live footage advertised of some of the smaller european indoors on facebook, they can be scams. There was a link being shared on the offical chambery trial facebook page on saturday there and it looked everything like a scam page to me.

Definitely good to know, thanks! Here's hoping I can get all this worked out before the first event so I don't have to find out the results before I've seen it! Cheers.

Oh and shortly after the live stream finishes they upload the complete stream so you can rewatch it on demand. In case for some reason you cant catch it live. Then you wont have to wait 6 months untill they upload it to their YT channel

• Like 1

Thanks again Faussy. Sure wish I could find some feed for the Trial Indoor International that's going on right now... Toby Martyn was amazing in the clips I've seen! Bou has got a real tough fight to stay on top this year. Cheers!

• 2 months later...

All I can tell x-trial.tv picture quality is just awfull. Interlaced in 2024 is just inexcusable.

In static it is ok(ish), but in dynamics it is like from 1990's.

Here is the screenshot i did from yesterday's event (highest quality fullhd stream):

chrome_8PFEGhTqlJ.thumb.jpg.ac0201d9f12b2583327058fbf5cd7381.jpg

Edited by DHK
  • Sad 1