2007 gasgas 280txt pro fork disassembly

geir58

Hi there. I've got an 07 gasgas 280txt pro with the 40mm marzocci forks and I'm struggling to get the cartridge apart. I've got a pin spanner tool to turn the reboot cap but I can't seem to remove it. I can raise it enough to expose two hex nuts on the shift. 19mm and a thin 15mm nut, but I can't separate then. It feels like I'm going to break something. Any tips on how to disassemble? Thanks

Edited by geir58
Typo

• 1 month later...

This query likely seeks guidance on disassembling the forks of a GasGas 280TXT Pro model from 2007. The person may be looking for step-by-step instructions, tips, or insights on safely and effectively dismantling the forks for maintenance, repair, or modification purposes.

Edited by smits

1 hour ago, smits said:

This query likely seeks guidance on disassembling the forks of a GasGas 280TXT Pro model from 2007. The person may be looking for step-by-step instructions, tips, or insights on safely and effectively dismantling the forks for maintenance, repair, or modification purposes.

The answer is to Google Marzocchi 40mm trial fork oil change You Tube or go to www.thehellteam.com  in Tech support.

4 hours ago, smits said:

Get somebody to mentor you how to service forks the first time, from then on it will be easy, I know it does happen because I've taught a lot of people how to do it.  Once you've done one fork model the rest are close enough for it to be easy.  Changing the fork fluid is one of the more frequently over-looked service items, always drain the old oil into a clean clear glass container so you can inspect it for debris or water or pieces of fork slider coating etc.  I keep slider bushings and fork seals in stock so they are on hand when I need them.  I find the gap on replacement slide bushings needs to be carefully filed and shaped before installation to get the right stiction free fit, watch for that.