1980 Fantic 200 Rear Kick Rear shocks mounting points question.

Hi I am looking for help/information about my 1980 Fantic 200 rear kick please.

I am in the process of sorting out my Fantic 200 and the distance between the shock mounting points is 203mm from inside frame mounting point to inside mounting point at the top on the frame and 220mm for the same points on the swinging arm this does'nt seem right to me and nothing seems to be bent, even with the wheel in and done up the bottom distance is still 215mm so the rear shocks are not parallel. I wonder if someone has replaced the swinging arm with one from a different Fantic.

Any views or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, 70sRider said:

Hi I am looking for help/information about my 1980 Fantic 200 rear kick please.

I am in the process of sorting out my Fantic 200 and the distance between the shock mounting points is 203mm from inside frame mounting point to inside mounting point at the top on the frame and 220mm for the same points on the swinging arm this does'nt seem right to me and nothing seems to be bent, even with the wheel in and done up the bottom distance is still 215mm so the rear shocks are not parallel. I wonder if someone has replaced the swinging arm with one from a different Fantic.

Any views or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

It's fairly common practice on multiple brands of twinshock trials bikes to have the top mounts closer to the mid-line of the bike than the bottom mounts are. It was done to make the bike slimmer where it counts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1