Advice 2002pro

trisscross

just a quick question to you all with gas gas 250 models

ive just dropped the oil from my 05 since new, i havnt used it much yet, only a few hours use,

gone to put new oil in, ht e book reccommended 550 to be put back in, when filling i put 500 back in, as once settled the oil on the glass window showed as it should have done

fired it up and rode the bike, all seemed fine....

just wondering how much have you guys put in?

cheers ash

There is debate on how much oil to use if you read past threads, but my interpretation is that 550ml is too much and most use 350ml. I have done this on my 05 and my 03 and have not had any problems. I use dexron III to help prevent clutch drag and remember just change the oil on regular basis.

hope this helps.

There is debate on how much oil to use if you read past threads, but my interpretation is that 550ml is too much and most use 350ml. I have done this on my 05 and my 03 and have not had any problems. I use dexron III to help prevent clutch drag and remember just change the oil on regular basis.

hope this helps.

Use the window as the guide. 350cc is for the PRO models only i believe. Thats what my 2002 takes. If it only took 500ml then you must have had 50ml still in the case in the nooks and crannies.

hope this helps.

Use the window as the guide. 350cc is for the PRO models only i believe. Thats what my 2002 takes. If it only took 500ml then you must have had 50ml still in the case in the nooks and crannies.

If it is an 05 bike it is a pro. I would go with the 350cc.