Otter Vale

telecat

As the starter of this topic I thought I should add My Impressions. Firstly the trial was a good one and I won't add to my son's comments on that, he enjoyed himself greatly. As for time etc, there was a natural bottleneck between Section 2 and 3. As soon as the riders came out of two they were on "top of" the queue for section three. This meant quite rightly the Observer on 2 would not let the next lad start until the queue moved forward. This was partly due to the severity of section 3 and the inability of riders to "clear out" of the section as the only way out was thru the most difficult part of that section. My own experience was that it was hard to get into to assist, I was getting cobbered in the face by a loose log, and the dad's (and Mum's) having to climb that difficult part to get to a catching spot. They also had to use that route as no other existed to get by.

The Gulley that Sections 1 to 6 were in meant that until you got to six there was very little space for the bikes, riders and parents. Seven was a breath of fresh air and the Sections 8 to 14 had room to manouvere.

I was passing section 7 at 16:15 and it was being pulled despite the official finish time being 16:34 + The extra time allowed.

There appears to have been confusion as well at the end regarding the tie for sixth place in the 125 A Class.

Lastly No finishers awards???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

I have read the replies and there are some fair points.

It may well be worth considering in future if entry has to be limited re - ability etc - I suppose in a priority of entry sort of idea as per Adult Championship - I do not realy know - but it can be discussesd. Probably best to see how next few rounds go.

For sure Organisers wish for large entries - but of course this can have a big influence in getting the entry round on time. We had all these problems with Adult Championship. By all means there may be several options worthy of debate.

But to come back finally to Classes. It does not matter if it is A /B/C/D riders are to ride in Class in National Trials - unless they have been unofficially upgraded.

I have to tell it like it is - I hope I have made it clear. No matter what may or may not have happened in past. For 2006 I hope everyone has got message.

When you enter - makle sure you are in right class. If you are not eligible for a class in that event - do not go.

At the first round of last years C/D national several older lads took part, the one that i recall started on the C route, and finished on the D route because the C route was to hard for him :) . So will this practise of letting older lads take part also have to stop at C/D nationals? :D

Still no clear answer on this point,can a rider downgrade. :blush:

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 05:51 AM
So Jack would have won at Dob Park and Otter Vale if he had another 1/2 hour in each event?

Dabster??? What are you talking about???

Did I mention Dob park, Or Jack, or Winning?????

All I want is for the Youth Championship to be the best it can be.

Edited by Adsy

First of all the Regs for this trial were sent to us with out any request from me, with a letter saying that " We look forward to seeing you at our fouthcoming event".

On the entry fourm the riders age and bike size was put with " riding out of class, for no award", written at the bottom of the entry fourm.

That entry was then accepted by the club.

Very responsible approach, for which you must be applauded (as opposed to people stating incorrect ages).

If you are not riding for award, then you are not riding in a class, so how can you be riding out of class?

On a more general note, as I don't know how anyone on here rides, I understand that the ACU could be worried about young talent being 'burnt out' rather than nurtured, but maybe they are too conservative when considering applications to move up a class early.

At the first round of last years C/D national several older lads took part, the one that i recall started on the C route, and finished on the D route because the C route was to hard for him :) . So will this practise of letting older lads take part also have to stop at C/D nationals? :D

Still no answer. :D

Still no answer. :D

I think your question has already been answered:

It does not matter if it is A /B/C/D,  riders are to ride in Class in National Trials - unless they have been unofficially upgraded.

If they're downgrading themselves, then they don't fit in to the statement above.

The reason i stress this point is because i'am sure this happens at most national youth trials but know one has ever mentioned it before.

Yet one rider goes up for one trial ( not saying it was the right thing too do )

and all hell brakes loose. The rule has to work both ways to be fair to everyone. No one has said anything about the lady rider competing at Otter Vale, which is why i think this has been a personal grevance by some people as appossed to a practical one. :)

Edited by AS iow

OK - Final answere which I thought I had already given - but may not have been clear enough.

Last par of TSR1 of Trials Regs:

Sub - Heading - UPGRADING - Explains what I have already tried to explain.

As far as a rider Downgrading - this is covered in the last 2 lines.

OK - Final answere which I thought I had already given - but may not have been clear enough.

Last par of TSR1  of Trials Regs:

Sub - Heading - UPGRADING - Explains what I have already tried to explain.

As far as a rider Downgrading - this is covered in the last 2 lines.

Thanks for that, have read handbook and that clears that up.

The only problem now is that with the large numbers of A/B class riders taking part in the Youth nationals, and with all the hold ups and time problems can this continue?

No - I think you are right

While it is great to see riders wish to ride - if the numbers start to be a problem ( rather have this than too few of course) - we may well have to look to alternatives in any given Championship .

It needs a few more events to get a clearer picture - but if large entries do start to cause time problems etc it is an issue that will have to be addressed.