Otter Vale

telecat

I apologise if you feel my comments are hostile because they simply are not intended as such and after re-reading the posts above I clearly make the case for allowing more scope for riders of all youth ages to develop. :)

When the likes of Ross and the others move on, there will be another set of youngsters coming through who I will only be too pleased to help out and support just like we are doing in our club now and what we intend to do in the future.

I spend a lot of my spare time doing support work for youth trials of all ages and abilities even though my own lads dont ride themselves.

I'm on your side :blush:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on Telecat.

It would be a sad state of affairs, if any young rider who had ridden well in their own centre events. Wanted to enter a Youth National to measure himself against the top Youth riders. Only to be told, " sorry son your not good enough ".

Whether they are in A,B.C or D class, if theyv'e got the bottle to have a go, then I applaud them.

Nail on the head Telecat, we already have an elite youth system in operation by allowing the top youths to compete on the expert course in the adult british championship. Whether they should be allowed to compete on the championship route at adult level is another discussion perhaps?

With high entries all non competative runners should be not allowed to compete, ie out of class not allowed down or UP!

Time wise we allow 7 to 8 sections per hour but with puch cards things do run slow so on a 40 section event I'd go for 6 hours. Clubs need to provide an Observer & a puncher to help speed things along. Clubs also should consider providing catchers on the bigger sections to help ease the flow, if the kids can trust someone else to catch them instead of waiting for Dad to breathlessly catch up then things would speed. 

If Clubs can't provide manpower to do this perhaps they shouldn't be running Championship rounds.

Why are minders not allowed to run around after the kids on bikes?

good points perce. Minders are allowed if the club wants them I think, acu was looking into insurance implications.

Its a shame these "ideas" from lots of people were not brought up at the ACU forum at Rugby .I suggest you lot get yourselves down there next year, and put forward these suggestions.

Spot on Telecat.

It would be a sad state of affairs, if any young rider who had ridden well in their own centre events. Wanted to enter a Youth National to measure himself against the top Youth riders. Only to be told, " sorry son your not good enough ".

Whether they are in A,B.C or D class, if theyv'e got the bottle to have a go, then I applaud them.

Well Said! TomsDad, there are a lot of good youth riders in many centres that can,t afford to compete where traveling cost etc are involved.

There are also riders that just want to get one finishers award in a national, dont try to stop them.

But they should only be allowed in the correct class.

Its not the youth riders that enter out of class, its the Parents, and in this instants AS IOW knows the rules very well but I hope nobody takes in out on Chris