Beta 06 Extras

millzy

When I first came here I was really bad for text talk and spelling mistakes, I got a rite bollocking from Sir Andy and Im ok now :). If im going to write something over 2 lines long, I always type it in word and then paste it into Trials Central. Makes the place look scruffy if there

Miky bar boy. :)

Welcome aboard.

The "special head" more than likely has a different squish angle and or compression ratio.

A special carb would be a 28mm bore Delorto.

You need to tell us what type, year, of bike you have and what it is you would like to accomplish by adding the special parts.

Maybe you do not have to buy these parts and we could tell you how to make the changes that you need.

Give us more info about what you are thinking or are you just kicking tires?

yeraweestoteroaweefraeparsleyland

No, not text talk but Glasweigin. Now if I posted messages like that how would you feel?

Cheers

BillyT

Edited by BillyT

Beta Racing Head is different profile/shape from std head.

Std head is smooth bell shape.

Racing head has pronounced squish etc - well you've seen the pic.

I tried a Clerch head with similar profile on an 05 & it softened power.

What you need to know is if the Beta Racing head raises compression over Std head. Also available are thinner base gaskets that will raise compresion, so maybe thats how its done.

Must admit I'm tempted to try the Beta Racing head, not that I need more power (more skill , yes). I just like to know what its effect is!