Important! All "06 Pro Owners!

blocky

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had one of the Trials Ohlins apart, but have had many of the MX/Enduro ones apart. This screw does not seal the nitrogen charge on a normal Ohlins shock. It is little more than a dust cap. The charge is sealed with a rubber under this screw. Still shouldn't hit regardless. I'd rather replace the screw with a low profile bit than grind the frame. Bushing swap is the right solution though.

• 4 weeks later...
If any of you guys would like to have your dampers modified to solve the above problem then please contact me. The bearing and mods to the frame DO NOT totally solve the problem. The reason for this is that you can not re-gas the damper with the existing grub screw configuration (as per above photo)!!!! Please call the following for the complete solution to the problem by a Ohlins engineer and any servicing requirements 07786 926501

What about those of us in the USA (who didnt see this thread back when) but discoverd same crap? In fact on this bike they put the shock in so that the screw, that gets damaged, is exactly 180 degrees out of picture in early posts... (facing the muffler side making it harder to notice).

Would you describe what I have to have done to my shock, please?