Flywheel Weight

kinell

I've just taken the flywheel weight off my '04 250cc and can't believe the difference! It felt brilliant to ride, really zippy but I don't know what it will be like in an actual section.

Has anyone else done this? better or worse?

Cheers

I see by your avatar that you must have photoshop installed !? :huh::(

On the flywheel weight front, not too sure. The 03 270 that i have just bought today ( :o ) has had them put back on. I know that a couple of the JLI beta lads took theirs off the 270's and put them back on!!!!

Not sure about the 250's

Cheeky sod :(

I had a ''02 270cc and ended up putting a black throttle tube on to slow things down a bit - removing the weight *never* crossed my mind...

Buying the Beta was a good move fella :huh:

Where is Rosedale Abbey?

Edited by kinell

I spent alot of time testing my '00 250 Rev 3 with no weight and with the heaviest weight offered. I found I did much better with the weight on it than without. On my bike a spacer was reguired to run the black cover where as you could fit the old silver cover on it without a spacer. I cut a 13 mm wide spacer from an old nasty looking mag cover and it worked good and looked good. The balck cover has a much nicer look to it. I think it was a five pound weight if I recall correctly. For most non world class riders the weight will help lower your score. The '00 was the most lively revver of the rev 3 series with the engine response being toned down a little more each year until it became more friendly. The newest ones probably don't need the weight as much as that potent Y2K model did. Jay

A guy i know just bought a 04 hemingway bike, all modded up(carb....)

He had to put the flyweel back on because of the grunt cumin out of it!!

But when he had an 02 and 03 250 model he took it if to give him a bit more snap to the bike!!

REV`er :huh:

My brother bought a '04 REV250 and at first left the flywheel weight on, i had a go and it was as flat as a fart. He had it taken off and the carb mod done and said it felt like a different bike altogether. Rode another trial with it set like that and decided he didnt like the bike at all, he just couldnt take to it. Got his self a '04 Mont instead now and theres a Beta going cheap !

I cant speak for the 250 but the 04 270 is anything but flat. For the first time since I have owned a Rev I am concidering going back to the slow throttle. I have never been on a bike that hits like this thing does and I make a habit of riding them all each year.

We never seem to have 250's around. Most people opt for the 270's around here, same price. I have ridden a few over the years and the only problem I had was not twisting the throttle enough when the bike had a slow throttle on. They have always seemed to have great power.

Aaron

Well having picked mine up late saturday afternoon and first run round on her was at the colonial and and i have to say that i am well happy with my 270. It is a 2003 with the slow throttle and flywheel weights on.

It just feels right, it is a bit lower geared than my sy was so i was riding in "2nd quite a bit . As 90% of sections were 1st on the sy. But the gearing is easily sorted!!

With all the things fitted i dont need any more power !!