Keihin Carb

glenn

I have had a flatslide on all my gassers, it is a better carb all round, no changes in running with all weathers and altitude etc, seems to make the gearing longer as well, especially when duel stage reeds fitted. why do you want one? i have a spare Kehien, bought for my o4 Pro but now have got hold of a Raga Rep, this machine comes with one on, so surplus to requirements. Not to cheap though!!

Regards,

Ian.

They make a big difference on the performance- if you can keep hold of the bike they are probably great but mine tends to be 10 yards ahead of me all the time with it on! Its great on big steps but in slippy conditions they are more of a problem. Not really worth putting one on unless you are doing world rounds, brit champ etc

u will notice a difference, LOTS BETTER, on climbs, mud, steps etc, why underestimate youself, if its what u think u need why not try one? We all ride World Beating bikes, that r miles better than most of our abilitys can handle, but i don't see many riders returning to twin shock because their not good enough for their machine!!!!!!! :huh:

I'm after tuning the bottom end for smoothness, not out and out power :o . i'm a novice wan'ting to calm it down not adam raga wanting more power :( . i've fitted the head spacer that gasgas do for them, but thats it so far. i was as much interested to find out why people fitted them as any thing. seen the bike on ebay and was wondering what the result of having one on was.

As to the twin shock thing, i'm becoming the owner of a 200 monty at the weekend. just to add another toy to the toy box :huh: .

I have a kiehin and found it way better than the dellerto. It gives you much more power when you open the throttle up, it makes the bike jumper which i like.

The only way to find out if you like it is to find a bike with a kiehin on it and have a go on it and see what you think.

Gavin

I've not tried the Keihen myself, so have been interested in reading the comments. I thought, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the Keihen is actually a 28mm carb, as opposed to the stock 26mm?

If this is true, it would account for the gains in top end power for sure, as this is commonly the result of fitting a larger bore carb. The downside is they don't meter as well at low rpms and generally cause a drop is low end power. Guess that is the "smoother" bottom end that jaysee is referring to.

As I said, I've not actually tried it so this is purely speculation, but it would seem that it makes sense for Pro riders or guys that use alot of top end power, but not likely for the "plonkers" (like myself)