Running In

dixie

just took delivery of a 4rt wed

2 tanks of fuel riding using all gears etc.

tickover increases due to the engine loosening up

i plan a further 2 tanks riding sections that don't require full power for more than 2-3 seconds

i belive its ready for it's first service

and its run in

Had one scare allready one of the cable tidies (with the knobbly ends)was just touching the cooling fan blades

when the fan came on i pooped my pants but 2 secs and it was fixed.

I think 4 tanks of fuel is a bit safer, lets see

Well Lads , I ran my 4RT in at a club trial ,just rode round for the day & did the easy route and didn't really get it past half throttle just took it handy no big climbs or steps,went out twice after that just practicing then changed the oil which was nearly as clean as the new stuff i put in :) have done one oil change since ,oil still clean :) another change due now and i'll do the filter as well . While on the subject of oil I know it's been talked about before but have any of you any preferences as to oil for the gearbox :lol:

Every second oil filter change i change the gasket and o rings manage to get away with gasket in between. It can be a pain removing the old gasket. Don't forget to grease your spring and make sure you get the filter in the right way round. Then check you haven't over filled with oil.

I know i'm sad but get so much pleasure ordering parts from Sandifords, receiving them the next day then fitting them. Everything comes apart so easily and goes back together just as well 4rt a pleasure to work on :lol: