Observing.

achahoish

just make sure you know the rules enough, and go along to a trial and where they are signing riders on, just offer to observe.

Start off at a small trial, my dad sometimes observes but he hasn't a clue and he gets along fine. Take care with the riders numbers.

Bob

i think most clubs use scoreboards for scoring, but for some most especially large/small trials the rider carries a punchcards with them, i imagine they would be easier so long as you'r abit handy with the punch, and you know what section number it will be on each lap. You can check with the rider (most will be honest) if you get a little stuck.

:lol:

Bob

Turn up follow the riders round and watch the observers at work. Most don't mind chatting in between riders. You'll get an idea of how they score and then try it yourself!

Not easy to do at the Pollock, you need a bike to get round as it's a big trial. Only people that should have bikes on the hill are those taking part and those acting as offcials of the club/trial etc.