Michelin Tubeless Tire On Front Of Txt200

rlg

I just got my 2000 TXT200 running and after returning from an outing Sunday morning found that I had picked up a thorn. I bought a new tube planning to patch the old one and keep for a spare. Everything went great until I tried to seat the bead. The tire seems to stretch and seat but not "pop" into place and when I deflate it to 6 psi. the bead pulls away from the rim and collapses towards the center of the rim for about a 6 inch length. I can move this area around but it is a consistent length of about 6 inches. The thing just won't seat (even when inflated to 85 psi.). Is this a function of the tubeless tire and a rim designed for a tube? Anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon? TIA

Rick Graves

Yes...I cant even figure out WHO the tubeless fronts are for...I THINK maybe old Fantics or something??

Anyway..in my limited experience, you will never get a tubeless front tyre to bead on a tube type rim...so..sorry, you better buy another tyre :thumbup: