Stiff Clutch

lewis_gasgas

Its easy to take apart lay the bike on its side (no need to drain oil),

Remove kickstart

take out the 3 water pump screws pull out the pump and tie back out of the way whith a bit of string (no need to drain water)

remove the rest of the screws, remember where they go as they are different lengths.

Lift off the casing trying not to damage the gasket wach out for the washer that goes on the kick start shaft and the clutch bearing as they will fall off!!

To take out the plates remove the 10 screws with a good 7mm ring spanner then you can lift off the cover plate spring plate and pressure plate.

Lift the fingers out note which way up they are so you can put them back in the same way up.

Now you can lift out the plate pack.

And as they say in the Haynes manuals reasembly is the reverse....

Just be careful to line up the water pump drive with the slot in the crank when you push the pump back in.

The parts book from gasgasmotos.es shows some pictures and read the article on the news page on gasgasuk.com as well. :thumbup:

Cheers Rhaines il have more word when i get the bike out on fri or sat and have a look . Do you have to rip it right out to check the plates ? Is there no diagram ?

Yes Lew, you have to take it out completely to get to the clutch. What I would add is that if your bike is newer pro(04/05/06) the 10 screws in the clutch pack are different than the old type which you need a special tool from gasgas (its a torx socket rather than an allen key). I would remove the centre recesed screw from the clutch basket and take out the basket and plates in one piece just incase you drop any parts into the transmission as they have a nasty tendancy to dissapear!!. You can then strip the clutch on a work bench which is a lot easier. Dont worry about taking it apart as you will find is quite easy and self explanitory once you get the clutch cover off...and remember about the clutch cover screws as they are different sizes and they HAVE to go back in the correct way.I will try and get a diagram for you to make it clearer.

HTH,

Roy.

Hi Rich, were you up at Heddington on Sunday? I had a quick chat with Steve and Darren but didn't get anyone elses name.

Yip, that was me on the red raga. I am not sure what time but I think we are going up friday if youre up for it depending on the weather, then cancel out all the exercise with some beer :wall::blink::wall::D . Pm me and Ill get your number!!

HTH,

Roy.

Hi Rich, were you up at Heddington on Sunday? I had a quick chat with Steve and Darren but didn't get anyone elses name.

Hi Wiltshire_boy

I was also up at Heddington last Sunday. I drove the red TXT280. Could you send me a PM if you are driving friday.

I have found a new place near Keynsham that could be used at weekdays if anyone is interested.

See ya

Thomas