Machine Examination

scorpa3

Thanks for your reply John, that has cleared up any doubts I had about the actual examination.

However, I am still a little unsure if we (as a club) should be testing/checking/looking at, every machine before it starts every trial.

This certainly isn't done at the moment, not by our club or any other club that I personally have ridden with over the last 10 years.

Should we check every machine at every event?

Obviously my reply must be that machines should be examined at all events.

The organiser however will decide on the methois they use eg - call all riders to a particuilar place at signing on , check at start, visual check for ACU requirements at start line etc

At our club trials, we have machine examinations and basically all they check is the brakes work, play in the levers, check spokes & wheel bearings, throttle snaps shut and your grips are'nt hanging off! thats the extent realy, same with the nationals.

as John said though; its up to the rider. :wall:

• 2 weeks later...

have to admit we do at all (i thin) our trials - my bike fails regualry (lack of maintainence :P )

putting mr ACU hat on (and as a MX and enduro club) fundamental machine examination/scruitinering is checking for ***compliamce with rules***, its ***NOT*** a ssaftey check (although most items are odly saftey related)

the onus is on the competitor to bring a safe bike to the event (its their saftey mianly) and for legal purposes that all we're doing (rule complinace not saftey)

hope that is clear - in trials IIRC they're not even liscenced