Can You Brake The Engine Seals

wonder boy

Kevin J

Wonder Boy is Chris UK without the brain.

Chris had a lobotomy Wonder Boy was the outcome. :P

I have been participating in the trials board since 1995 when Ian started this great concept and then lately Andy's good efforts.

But I can tell you with all honesty it is getting to be a chore just trying to decipher what is trying to be said by the poster. I feel like I am on a chat room for school kids. Seriously, I watch my two young daughters on the MSN messenger and they way they communicate are getting to be very similar in nature to some of the posts here.

I am not talking about a genuine spelling mistake or the odd grammar fluff I am the first to put my hand up and say I am guilty of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Some of the posts are an insult, they take no time to try and communicate in a manner that is comprehensive or logical.

There has to be freedom of speech, but along with that a respect for your fellow trials rider/reader. I know of no magazine that would survive if the text was allowed to be written in a manner that is commonly polluting this fine board.

Am I the only one that feels this way? It was fun in the beginning but now it is a chore and the novelty of the delibarate spelling and grammar posts is taking away from the professionalism of this board.

I mean there does not seem to be a genuine attempt to communicate in the English language but rather a text style that is indicative to cell phone usage.

Do these poster even read what they have written before they hit the send button? :huh:

Do they ask themselves does this make sense what I am asking, can others understand it? :(

Andy, I may be off base here or speaking out of place but the potential advertisers may look at this board, they must take the sight seriously to pay advertising monies. How long will it be before the members that have the money to buy the products stop viewing this board? The kids that are polluting it have no respect for communicating their thoughts in a logical manner that is taken seriously.

A topic that started out about a technical problem ended up being a topic about readers trying to dechiper what was being asked and then the original poster defending himself. :D

Free speech for all, but at least speech that is legible.................. :o

BillyT

So I think that wonder boy should go ahead and take it apart. It will be a good learning experience.

I totally agree! You will learn it better if you mess it up, then you learn how to mess it up, aswell as how to fix it. Then next time you come to remove that part again, you will know the rights and wrongs.

But, its a bit scary isn't it? Wonder builds all the engine up, with something in his pocket, or its wrongly essembled and Gav starts it up...distoryed.

HRC

is it me or did he say his stator may be faulty??

if so why the hell would he strip the engine? all he would need is the flywheel cover off!! and this should always be fitted with a new gasket (whether it splits or not). There nice and simple answer to simple question!

as for taking engines to bits and jumping in at the deep end i am a motor tech and i would suggest instead of playing on your nice special mont do one of the following

1/ find beg buy but not steal an old road bike etc and take that to bits and play!

2/ go to your local college and enrol in a motor bike course etc, you never know you may enjoy it get a qualification and then become a bike mechanic.................(god help us :D )

oh and wonder boy go here http://www.iespell.com/ and down load it its a spell checker that runs in your browser!

Edited by mark christopher

2/ go to your local college and enrol in a motor bike course etc, you never know you may enjoy it get a qualification and then become a bike mechanic.................(god help us :D )

Motor bike machanic what and get paid pennys.

Look problem is fixed so em...... stop taking the pi$$ now!!

Gavin

Motor bike machanic what and get paid pennys.

Look problem is fixed so em...... stop taking the pi$$ now!!

Gavin

well i get 23K for mending Fords