Lack Of Information

twhy

As a new comer to the sport and not knowing anyone that does it, I have found that information is very sparse, I need clubs to join in the wessex center or south west center is it just these 2 centers clubs that don't want to advertise ? (on the web). And then when I finally think i found a Club within a 30-40 mile radius of Bristol I can't find out WHEN or WHERE their next meeting is. Is there any pubications that will be usefull for me or can anyone help me on this forum. I think this sport will be a lot more popular if there was more informative information available ( like MotoX ). Its like a catch 22 you can't join the ACU until you are a member of a club and you can't join a club until you know if it is suitable for beginers ( me ) and their event dates and venues. It is all really frustarting. :huh:

any help would be appreciated.

Get yourself a copy of Trials + Motocross News form your local newsagent. It is published every Friday with a list of trials meetings in the "whats on" section. They usually list the phone numbers of the organiser and a quick chat with them should get you sorted.

Most clubs welcome new members and for your first trial you don't always need full ACU membership.

For a list of local clubs you could look on the ACU website at www.motorcyclinggb.com and then look under the ACU directories tab. Just type in your postcode to find clubs in your area.

a lot of info on the south western scene can be found on the "chat and help forum" here - its mainly an enduro site but has sub forums for all sorts inc trials - people down that way should be able to put you on track

TMX is also a good bet but the very beginner events may not be advertised - your probable best off phoning one of the centre contacts to find out about trials in that centre if you get no joy with the above website

rabie :huh:

Thanks Guys,

Very usefull stuff, got a copy of Tmx and yes there is stuff going on. Looks like I will have to make some select phone calls.

Thanks again.

I still think it should be easier to find the information for a complete beginer about clubs. A lot of clubs listed on the ACU site just have contact numbers but no trials dates which is all very well, but whos paying the phone bill?.

i have to admit the ACU site is better than it was

the idea of the clubs getting their own page doesn't entirely appeal to me - i mean i don't keep my club's one up to date - it just say go to http://www.sidcupmotorcycleclub.co.uk/

IMHO the clubs that are interested enough to have made the effort to edit their page have got a simple website somewhere.

the only good thing is where the centres make some effort to explain the local scene eg http://www.motorcyclinggb.co.uk/club/SOUTHEASTERN its good

however the vast majority of clubs don't have "net aware" people to do this kind of thing........

oh well.......

rabie :D