Talking To Mx Parent

sirhc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I would mean then did the UMTA membership increase being the host of multiple World rounds?

Mike O' do you know? Or anyone else in that club?

I left the STRA area just prior to our having our last WR so did not get to see the effect on membership.

Shhhhhhhh!!!!! I am working on procedures......... You may really laugh at this, but I HATE writing ISO procedures.... God I hate it. If it was not for living in a house and eating food I would quit my job and play trials.

Edited by Alan Bechard

OK, I'm going to burst everyones bubble here.

TRIALS IS PARTICIPANT SPORT.

There is no huge climax like the end of a race. (shut up!)

Spectators don't all understand the rules. (most riders have questions now and then too)

The ones that mostly want to watch World Round trials events are already on a trials bike.

What other sport see's people helping their competitors and cheering for them?

What would be fun is to try to set up an event with the BIG MX, Road Racing, Woods riders all competing in a trial with say, our Youth National Champs, Women Champs and our SR riders. No Pro's.

Now, wouldn't it be fun to see how they would stack up?

Rant Over and out!

nasgam,

I love your inthusiasum."I'm sure I spelled that wrong but,I don't know how to use my spell check" :D I to go into trials second hand from the world round in Donner Ca. in I think 1997.My uncle who was a long time enduro-cross country rider who also rode the I.S.D.E.went to it and was blown away and bought a bike soon after.

I watched him ride it for a few years and when he bought a new bike I got his old one.As a A-class"expert"enduro rider I was amazed how hard it was to do stupid little turns and then go over a little log but, I hooked.

There where four peaple from our "group" that switched to trials before me from the world rounds in Donner.They have also brought it to other peaple.

I'm not happy with how small it is,I just don't think a U.S. world champ. would help this out.Don't get me wrong I do want to see it :wall:

Alan your right on about noticeing things seems like every other car is a Expedition now that I have one.

Edited by sirhc

I was wondering what we all do to do this. I am a stay a home Dad or"Mr.Mom" I hate that term though.Does that make my wife a Mrs.Dad?My two year old is napping and I should be doing laundry :wall:

So you wrote all those innane and incomprehensible procedures I had to comply with while I was the Quality Assurance Manager for Northstar Aerospace. (thats where my stupid screen name comes from n.s.a.q.a.m.)We made it though and became certified. I got out of manufacturing finally.

sirhc, that's exactly what I am right now too! Not for much longer unfortunately!

nsagam,

I was going to ask you where your name came from.Is your wife making you go back to work? Every time money gets tight I think maybe I should and my wife says "no way" .She likes me having no schedule so we can run off and have lunch or last week the kids where on spring break and she took a half day and we went to Disneyland "we live 45 min. away" Boy my life is tuff :wall:

sirhc, the bills are making me go back to work. It has been a good time though.

Maybe I need to tell the wife to get a better job!

Alan, that is noble and important work you've been neglecting... I mean doing!

Really though it is.

I'm scared to touch that womanstouch site until the young one go to bed though.

Absolutely, but travel time starts when we leave here. When would you like us to start. :blink: The wife, otherwise known as the boss, does all that, I just get to be the owner of the equipment when it breaks..... I owned a tractor and two lawnmowers last night :wall: I do not think I own anything today :wall: at least till I get home, I think there are three mowers and two truck's running today :D That adds up to at least one flat tire, and something will break.

I was actually invited to come out that way by a trials freind (believe it or not, not Lane) to come out and ride etc. I think in the fall if it works for them, Dean and I may head out that way. I have some Airline credit I can use or may have to speak awful nicely to underdog again to get out there, but I would love to see what is going on in the CA trials scene.

www.awomanstouch.net is G rated, my wife has a lawncare / landscaping business. I came up with the name to capitalize on it and one of our initial niche markets was the ladies that were uncomfortable having men work around their houses.

Edited by Alan Bechard

Travel time...Fuel prices...the job itself ,I'll start the new home loan process today :blink: or maybe I'll answer one of those home loan phone calls I get 10 times a day :wall:

I get the same thing I am always doing some kind of work in my wifes offices.Another reason she likes me not working.

The Harkers said you might make it out I hope you can. We've been riding with them every weekend or just hanging out.Ty always wants to ride more when he can do it with Chase even though Chase has now gotten as good or should I say better than me the little 11 year old punk :D

You might not even get to see Lane,we haven't seen him for months.

Edited by sirhc

nasqam, got to love your passion. Looks like I hit a nerve with the poker reference. As pathetic as that is, its reality, more people would rather watch poker than supercross on TV. The ratings are in, I think, the new Dirt Rider. Ask your co-workers, I bet most of them know what Texas hold em is. WTC is amazing to watch, my reference was to trials was on the local level. Even though it takes skill to compete at any level, to the casual observer it doesn't appear so. I could post some vdeo of some difficult lines we were ridng, yet most of you would laugh at how pathetically easy the video makes it look.

I brought up Lance and Greg Lemond to show that winning on the world stage doesn't guarantee success in America. Nobody cared that Lance won. The interest came when he began to dominate AND when his life story came out. Lemond won years ago, yet it sparked little interest in bicycling. In fact Lance WON the World Championship 12-13 years ago, few people care. What about Bode and Nicky? Any interest in skiing or road racing?

Our American pride prevents us from believing that Americans are not the best at everything. Just like you say, with all these people there is no reason we can't be succesful at everything. However, it takes alot more than that to win at the highest level. Talent only gets you so far, then the commitment must be made. Look at the WBC, Japan won, yet you believe the Yankees could beat them easily? American pride!! Todays youth has way too many more lucrative options. This thread started with a kid who I believe finished 5th at Loretta Lynns, yet he is fully sponsored and probably has an inflated ego already. As a kid, how cool is that? He's got to feel like he is on top of the world! Unfortunately, if the TOP 3 guys in US trials are the only ones making a living, how does a kid today see that as desirable?

You missed my MX analogy. Bob hannah raced here when Americans were NOT the best in the world. maybe reread that section.

You said it yourself, you got hooked when the WTC came to you.Thats exciting. Even the US Nationals are great to watch. Again I ask, why can't the trials bike companies send their "B" level riders here to compete and show the American public what trials is? Again, just like KTM is doing with GNCCs and Supermoto. You want to develope a World champ, yet few people know what the sport is.

Alright, I had enough of this. I can sleep well knowing I'm doing my part to help promote this sport and being thankful to all you that have taken time to hold events for the rest of us.

A growing sport is so easy! Everyone in the sport simply be so excited about it that they bring one new person in each year. In one year the sport doubles in size, then every year after that the same thing occurs, it doubles again and again and again.

That only happens however when people are seeking excellence like nsaqam.