Dovecliffe Woods Worsboro-barnsley Beginner Trial

magicmat

Hello,

Could anyone give me a tip on how to get here please? im abit unsure,

I'll be coming from cudworth way, could go past <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> ??

Anyone any ideas? as id like to go,

Thanks Matt :wall:

Hi Mat,

Hope the snowboarding was good.

I'm a bit confused here, was just about to PM ferretflasher. The TC calendar says that it's at Dovecliffe Woods, but the TMX news says :

Barnsley TC (Adult & Youth). Rd 2 Club Novice & Beginners Trials Series at Carcroft Motorcycle Park, Bentley, Morr Lane, Carcroft, Doncaster, South Yorks. 10.3

Where's it at?

The way we go is to come off the M1 at Junction 36 and go down the A6195 to wards Wath. I think it's about 5 roundabouts down and you need to take the Wombwell turn signposted for the station. When you get to the Crossroads go straight across. This takes you on to Dovecliffe Road. This takes you alongside Wombwell Wood. The trial Venue is on the right about a mile up. If the Sections are close to the road you'll see them on the right. Either way It's a road on the right I think with some signs pointing to a Recycling site(I think that's what it is). As you go down the road hairpins left and the trial entrance is on the outside of that corner. Take direction from the officials as to where to park as it can be a bit tight.

Might be worth checking with the Club as TMX say the trial is at Carcroft Motorcycle Park Near Doncaster.(Number in TMX).

Edited by Telecat

hmm weird,

FF you about ?? you know ??

the snowboarding was ace !! good to do in the winter, but i missed my bike and kept thinking what would the bike be like with studded tyres !! hmm :D

i got stopped by the police for some random reason.. :wall: and was given a leaflet for carcroft motorcycle park, but just thought it was a motorcross park ??

Mat

---cheers telecat

Edited by Magicmat

How easy will the sections be compared to normal trials like the one I did @ grimethorpe? It's between this one and the Hillsborough trial for me and I don't want anything TOO easy that's all, not that I'm very good. :wall:

:wall:

i want to go but i "shouldnt"

The internet here (middle of nowhere) only works when it want to ! so just read the rest of this thread. I have uni work that makes a third of my degree to be in on the 24th....and im behind, so ive done the adult thing and decided not to go tomorrow....(damn GF for saying it was the right thing to do ! :D )

Hope its a good day guys, only a month of uni left, then a summer of trails biking !! :blink:

Night Mat

• 2 weeks later...

Had a word with Phil At the A & B National and he said Carcroft is a dedicated facility for Motorcycle/quads. They are trying to attract Trials riders as well as Moto-X and Quad riders. Barnsley Club are holding trials there and helping them out by showing them what trials are about and how to set them out. The feeling was that it was a good trial and they will have a couple more there this year.

Oh right cool !!

went the police had a friendly word with me, they gave me a leaflet for it,

which had motorcross bikes, and a picture of flat land,

and i thought, yeah... only for Moto-X...and it said nothing about, trials,

but if there working on it, GREAT !

Thanks for the replys guys !

Mat