Lancashire Calling!

Hello folks

as you will no doubt see from the user name i'm originally from sheffield but now exiled due to marriage and kids in deepest darkest lancashire (oh the shame on the family name! :D ) well in Lytham st.annes to be precise. Now lytham is nice enough but it is to trials what my granny is to downhill skiing!

I've spent a few hours reading this and many other sites and it would appear that i need to do a few things to get started....namely find a club and try a few bikes

So there in lies the problem. Lytham is about 5 miles from blackpool and 12 or so from preston. With a bit of head stratching i've worked out that the local clubs seem to be Bolton, Lancs county or Darwen all broadly within a 40 to 50 miles trip from here

which is the best for a skilless newbie like myself?

anyone post on here from any of those clubs that could point me in the right direction or help me out with advice/pointers etc?

Where's my nearest shop for bikes and kit etc?

so thats me folks...sorry for the long and rambling post....any info and advice that you can give me would be greatly appreciated :D

cheers

Hi, welcum to trialszin in lancs! I am from Bolton MCC.

Like Dabber says both Bolton and Darwen cater for Novices with a series of Novice and Beginners trials from Darwen club. Bolton club is a club that runs three different series (novex, phoenix and trax), the phoenix and trax series cater for nov and beg but not novex.

Lancs County run easier wed nite trials, starting next wednesday and then there rochdale club who run a nov and beg series too, and south lancs club (they are AMCA though, not ACU backed like the others. Just check out TMX or the clubs websites, all linked through the bolton one.

I'm secretary of Lancs County and we cater for ALL classes of rider. Our Wednesday night series begins on May 17 at Bainsbeck Farm, Arkholme where there will be 4 laps of 10 sections some of which will have an easy route - and believe me it is easy. There are 5 trials in the series on May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16 and November 11 (Saturday). In addition we run Sunday trials and a national on May 29.

Everybody is welcome. Start time is 6pm and we usually get a big entry of up to 100 riders

Thats great thanks folks. So thats the trials sorted. I've contact details for lancs county. Who do i need to talk to at darwen or bolton?

shops anyone?

out of 255 views (excluding our friends from across the pond) someone must have bought something somewhere in lancashire :D

any idea's folks?

KB racing in leyland comes up on the gasgas website....anyone got any experience of them?

again any help much appreciated

cheers

jez.

• 1 month later...