Fatbars

lewis_gasgas

Lewis, i take it you have 7/8 (braced) bars when you say the normal 4 bolt clamps??

No. fatbars wont fit in these. The Raga clamps are well expensive. I used to run scorpa clamps and bars on me old gassers, as the clamps are much better made than the raga clamps and wont break!! and the scorpa bars are made by Magura and are SOOOOO strong! never heard of any break :D

but granted, the renthal fatbars come in nice colours :D and they are pretty much the same measurements as the 7/8 bars...

I'd recommend changin those black fatbar clamps that come stock on the GGs to a renthal 4 bolt or similiar 4 bolt setup. That 2 bolt hinge is much weaker than you think, and they tend to crack/snap near the hinge and pins like mine did after a nasty fall. I just wouldn't want those to snap while I was on the bike.

BTW, love the feel of fatbars, and I don't know if I could go back.

Thanks for the advice Dman,

but im only a novice, and dont give the bike a battering so im happy with them for now but i will remember your advice.

Cheers...

lewis do you have anymore questions you want answering ?? now that ive finished ??

:D :D