Attendance Increase...

drhud

Although you guys vary on your opions, one thing is certain and that is your all pretty much passionate about the sport and have interest in promoting it. So, let me throw this question out there. Can the sport, by that I'm referring to events, handle an increase in attendance? I ask because it seems more time is spent waiting at sections, and getting finished in time seems possible only if you rush. Maybe its just me?

I know it's not an exact science, but the more riders that attend, generally the more observers you can find.

We are lucky, we have a number of venues where we could find 20 good sections..... IF we could find the observers.

Unfortunately, we always seem to struggle to find more than nine or ten observers from the 40 to fifty riders who turn up.

20 sections would mean less queuing, which is brilliant.

Oversubscription of events is bad policy by the organizer!

An entry limit is always in order like we see at the Scottish Six Days Trial. If they allowed anybody to ride the Scottish, they would have over 1000 entries and the event couldn't handle the numbers.

Likewise at local trials, entries must be restriced if lines at sections and overcrouding becomes a problem. It's simply common sense!

I ride Wales regulaly now and in some evnts it is an observe yourself method... you get teamed up with 4 or 5 other riders, one gets a hole punch and you all observe each other

You guys get a little kinky over there! I'm just not sure I'd want to observe myself riding a wale.

Do you high five each other after each "hole punch"? :)