Revisiting The 125cc National Championship

mich lin

Kinell, I hope you didn't mean to type nsaqam instead of Alan. I've been solidly behind a 125 National C-ship since I've been on this board. I think it needs to be adopted if the US is ever going to have another WTC contender. You were correct to type Alan because as he's stated he doesn't think that the 125 National C-ship is needed in the US.

I think Alan keeps saying the same thing and no one is reading it right.

HE WANTS THE USA TO FAIL AT TRIALS!

Just kidding, he doesn't think the NATC should MANDATE what we ride.

Is that clear enough?

I agree with Dabster and Alan, amazingly!  Riding a 125 is only important because that's what the rest of the world rides.

I dont think he was saying that. I dont think it was by design, more like dropping into line with the european laws on road safety is the reason why we have 125cc class.

But what this has done is it has forced the riders to push the machine to the very limits to get the most out of them and by this very factor , skills have been developed which appear to assist the riders when they go up to bigger bikes.

It was clearly evident on the first day on the first section which had a slippery hill climb over a log that I think only a small handful of riders cleaned the section and that was your very top riders. Everyone else didnt have a clue on how to ride it. As soon as the youth riders came through they made it look so easy it was glaringly evident of the difference in ability.

So the conclusion is that 125 is NOT only important because thats what we ride, its because it develops skills that give you an advantage.

On another note Mich Lin, I was asking the guys at the TTC why you werent there and they said you wouldn't show your face.! why was this? you go on about your organisations should do this and do that and the scores tell it all but thats just complete bull****!

Videos and pictures tell you next to nothing. When have you ever seen in real life the Europeans ride 125's in a world round? You have to be there to see it to appreciate what the difference is against your guys and the very fact that you werent there was deplorable IMHO. :)