scorpa's

marky boy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I forgot to mention, it's the long ride model with a new stiffer suspension than on the previous models. The foot peg grips are really just spares incase you need to change one out on the loop. Single speed transmission (remember the Rokon's). New brakes with pads that don't wear out. This technological wonder is the lightest trials bike on the market today!

Will a big bore kit be available?

I don't think a big bore kit is avalible yet. It probably won't be needed thanks to the impressive power to weight ratio.

Charlie, I'm not sure if that's chrome your lookin at. I think it's a new light weight unobtainium polymer that is coated with a new "Silver TiN (titanium nitrate)" coating. Looks just like chrome though, even close up.

Other specs are a forged Johnson rod and new BeCu (berylium copper) muffler bearings. It now only needs two muffler bearings due to better exhaust balancing.

As far as looking like Ringo's Montesa, the orange color is an exact pigment shade of a 10 year old Montesa that was left in the desert with beer spilled on it for most of it's life.

Edited by Brian R

Other specs are a forged Johnson rod and new BeCu (berylium copper) muffler bearings. It now only needs two muffler bearings due to better exhaust balancing.

As far as looking like Ringo's Montesa, the orange color is an exact pigment shade of a 10 year old Montesa that was left in the desert with beer spilled on it for most of it's life.

What kind of piston return springs is it running?

Charlie, it's running an exotic propriatary metal from Mitsubishi made for Yamaha as far as I can tell. The factory is very secretive about their piston return springs. As a matter of fact, the engine I saw torn down didn't have one in it at all! They blathered on about a new pneumatic one like the formula 1 cars, for the future, but I'll believe it when I see it. This one doesn't even have fuel injection. I guess that just means that there is some room for impovement.

BTW, nice Kawasaki in the Avatar! ;):D:rolleyes:B):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, do you know the history of Indian? I've been trying to find out were Ives comes in to Indian's history.

Edited by Brian R

BTW, nice Kawasaki in the Avatar! ;)  :D  :rolleyes:  B)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, do you know the history of Indian? I've been trying to find out were Ives comes in to Indian's history.

Glad you like my Kawasaki :lol::lol::lol:

Although it is a Harley, I also own and repair/restore Indians.

I know a bit about their history, but the name "Ives" doesn't ring a bell.

Any hints?

Charlie, growing up, my mom worked for an attorney. This was in the early 1970's. He was two days older that dirt then. Mom told me a while back that his father made a motorcycle and sold the patent to a man that started Indian Motorcycles. I never have found any proof of it though. Maybe the story got changed through the years. ? I watched a two hour show on the history of motorcycles last night on the History Channel and it didn't mention it. I'll do more digging, just thought you might know.

I don't think a big bore kit is avalible yet. It probably won't be needed thanks to the impressive power to weight ratio.

Charlie, I'm not sure if that's chrome your lookin at. I think it's a new light weight unobtainium polymer that is coated with a new "Silver TiN (titanium nitrate)" coating. Looks just like chrome though, even close up.

Thats exactly what I had in mind for my Fairlane. ;)