Sammy Miller Series?

geordietarres

Sections usually are fairly easy, enough to take a few marks from the winner but nothing daft. Difficult to give you an idea of what to expect without knowing what trials/route you ride. However, there are two, maybe three routes, so one of them will suit - unless of course you're a centre expert in which case you'll get bored... <_< The severity of the the hard route is nowhere near as difficult as the ACU Classic series (which is one route)

I've done a couple of Miller rounds to test chamges to my bike and they are an enjoyable ride out if you enjoy the traditional type event of 1 lap, 30 - 40 sections. Most I think are of this format and most if not all include roadwork, maybe the odd round that is all off road now, but I believe roadwork was one of Sammy's criteria for a club to stage a round.

1977 Ossa is fine as there is a class now for twinshocks of any kind. As a guide, the 1977 Ossa would easily cope with the hard route. Don't worry too much about Ossa brakes as the sections don't require you to stop dead down banks and then turn up your own @rse.

Next event is on 11th June I think, organised by Rhayader club. Could be one of the more challenging rounds of the series as they generally put on good events (Classic Experts, Welsh Trophy)

sections are usualy dual route the easier route been designed for the sidecars but dont read that as 'easy'

did the lake district round last summer that was two laps of about 18 sections with road work a nice ride round with excellent views over the fells there was an ossa there..

cheers guys. Low level expert rider, ridden novogar stuff and few other nationals so sounds like harder route will be ok and love the ride around on events like Alan Jefferies, Victory etc so sounds right up my street.. best i get the ossa ship shape.

ACU classic series - sounds good also - too tough on ossa though?

If you're riding in those trials then you'll have no problem with the hard route of the Miller series on the Ossa.

It would also be ok in the ACU Classic rounds too. I've ridden them for years on my '74 Ossa MAR 250 and '75 310 and they have been capable of handling the sections. I only swapped to my Majesty this year as everyone else was on modern twinshocks and the Majesty put me on a par with them in terms of machinery.

The most important thing though is that the bike is functioning properly. If the engine and suspension are in good order the bike will be fine for the series, if you're having to compensate for a knackered engine or poor suspension, then the sections in the ACU Classic will make things difficult.

Although the later twinshocks are better bikes, the Ossa can still get decent results against them, you just have to work at it a bit harder......

Next Classic round is Mansfield Maun on 18 June - still time to get an entry in if you fancy a go.