Tech Help

geraint

hi all,

i'm new to site(great site).could someone help me out here.last saturday went out on my sherco,and the back breaks jammed on.was not far from home so managed to ride bike for bit,but had to stop.breaks were red hot.they then burst into flames, i put out with my water bottle (oldboy scout) they then freed up.got back to shed took wheel off,disks were low but ok.but one of the pistons is jammed solid.what do i do?any help welcomed.

I have just had a very similar problem (without the flames!) with my Rev 3 and after stripping the caliper down found one of the pistons had a very slight mark on it plus the seals were past best so I had a quick look and found the whole kit (4 pistons with seals and the little `o` ring center seal) for the AJP caliper here for a very good price ( scroll down a bit)easy enough job but a bit of a ball ache bleading the thing by yourself!

HTH Barry

Edited by barrybaines

Hi,

Mine did the same, i put new pistons seals and pads in, just make sure that the master cylinder adjuster is backed off enough though to allow the pads to move back, if not then slacken that off.

It sounds like all of your pistons are jammed which i would've thought unlikely all at once. <_<

It could also be that you have hydraulicly locked the system if there is too much fluid in it, but thats not so likely if the pads are well worn.

The pistons and seals are really easy to fit, but it really is a pain to bleed.

Bob

Bleeding is easy when you know how. Forget the tradtional method of pulling the lever then nipping the union. Get a syringe and some bleed tube. Take the lid of the resi and fill the syringe with fluid. Put the tube on the end of the syringe and then put the tube and syringe on the nipple. Crack the nipple and push the fluid back to the resi. Once the fuid is in the resi you can close the nipple and then fill the resi to the right level. Easy! <_<

Edited by boofont

hi, big thanks to all for help.got aprts from bvm this morn.

i think blair should make everybody cought with a knive buy a bike,then they would come onto sites like this and have a bit of faith and love in man kind.