96 Section Or 97 Section

steve fracy

Ok you Fantic nuts, I have a question for those knowledgeable about the 96 and 97 Section models. I have fancied finding one in good nick for some time and now have found two really nice ones. One's a 96 and the other a 97. I am more familiar with the 96 and never really saw a 97. Pro's and cons anyone.

Please offer your opinion as well Fanticisti! <_<

cheers, Steve

Hey Steve!

I'm not sure that I'm qualified to answer your question. But, I own a 97 Fantic Section. I have the optional flywheel weight, fast throttle, working power valve, and I LOVE this bike, great motor!

I am TOLD that the only difference between a 96 and a 97 is the 97 has an aluminum frame.

By the way, the ONLY thing I'd like to find for my Section is the sidestand assembly.

Photo attached.

Tony Powers

Charlotte, NC USA

post-364-1149012969.jpg

Somebody asked??? All the sections had a powervalve, as did the costa, although that didnt go far. The 95 had a steel frame, the 96 and 97 had alu frames but the 96s broke.....so they say. my 95 had a crack in either side also, but it woz easy to repair and seems to be holding.

The engines were all the same but the ignitions, although all from ducati were different depending on market. I think all northern yurup conuntries got the flywheel where the weight can be added. The Forks were either 38mm betors or 40mm marzocchis.....Gasgas, you were not the first....although you are also not bankrupt!!!

The 97 and 96 swingarms do not fit a 95 due to the different brake caliper. most parts are still available (hallo bill pye!!!;-)) and I love my section.

HTH

post-1856-1149073467.jpg

Aside from the missing sidestand, that I'd love to find, the only other problem with my 97 Section is, I cannot select neutral while the engine is running and the bike is not rolling.

Otherwise, I LOVE this bike! Only paid $500. USD for it too!

Tony P

• 4 weeks later...