Barnsley Trial Near Wombwell Tomorrow (weds)

I plan to go and ride tomorrow night, but im unsure of how to get there.

I asked the Ginger Mechanic guy at <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> and the directions were hard work so i thought id check i've got them right in my head ! :crying:

For simplisity ill go from J36 on the M1,

1-Come off @ J36 going towards meadowhall/from wakefield, bear left and go into birdwell,

2-continue into birdwell until you hit an carshop...(something Auto's. dont have the written directions with me)

3-turn right just before the shop, and continue down the lane,

4-keep going its on your right at the bottom, i'll see the cars

I think thats what he said, but i think ive missed a right turn out between 1 & 2...sorry i dont have the directions that i wrote down with me.

Is this right or am i way off ?

Matt

The way we go is to come off the M1 at Junction 36 and go down the A6195 to wards Wath. I think it's about 5 roundabouts down and you need to take the Wombwell turn signposted for the station. When you get to the Crossroads go straight across. This takes you on to Dovecliffe Road. This takes you alongside Wombwell Wood. The trial Venue is on the right about a mile up. If the Sections are close to the road you'll see them on the right. Either way It's a road on the right I think with some signs pointing to a Recycling site(I think that's what it is). As you go down the road hairpins left and the trial entrance is on the outside of that corner. Take direction from the officials as to where to park as it can be a bit tight.

Right then,

From my thinking, its next to wombwell wood, but on the right if you come op Dovecliff road from the roundabout. from looking at that map !

Sorted !

now just to change my story completely ill go from Brierly as that is where my bike is kept now ! haha :crying:

But i know the other way as its towards my mums house (where i live)

God i make my life complicated !

Cheers Guys really helped, esp. Telecat ! thanks ! :P

off at j36, head towards barnsley for a couple of miles, button mill pub on right take next right, follow road for a mile or so where there are cars for sale on forecourt turn right immediatley before it follw road for a mile or 2 until you come to the hairpin, turn left on the hairpin and through the gates.

In short

Off @ j36

head for Barnsley for a few miles

Turn right after 200 yards after Button Mill Pub

Turn right before car dealers

turn left directly on the hairpin that bares right

BINGO !!!!!!

Magicmat,

Hope you can find your way around the sections without too much hassle.

Maybe worth you investing in one of those TOMTOM rider sat nav gadgets !!!

P.S The ginger kid at <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> is known as "Ginner".

Hope you can find your way around the sections without too much hassle.

Maybe worth you investing in one of those TOMTOM rider sat nav gadgets !!!

P.S The ginger kid at <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> is known as "Ginner".

I wont take that as a lack of my ability to do sections !! :P

Its not that complicated to get there, cheers for all the help appreciated !

If you go on stuff like multimap or google maps you can acutally get a postcode for the area your looking at, which would make venues so much easier to find...just type it into autoroute !

Right see you there tonight !

p.s. do i say Ginner to his face ? ive started calling my ginger mate Mr Weasley from harry potter !...cos hes got a ginger girlfriend ! :crying: ...well i thought it was funny :P

Edited by Magicmat

another great trial. Tho I made a real gash job of section 2 first time round, broke my front mudguard by chucking the bike at a tree!!! There wasn't much that was too naughty and i think everyone said they had a good time. :crying:

It was good,

A nice evening trial my first one actually ! the sections were really good, section two was really tricky ! but i made the most of those daps !!

i wont mention andy290 on section 8 :D:wacko: