Gasgas Air Box

lee

Hi

ive been noticing the air box on my 06 pro is getting loads of mud and water in it .

ive put some silicone on it but i dont want to go over board with it has any one got any tips for me

The usual mods are to block the two side vents and also the "drain" hole at the bottom of the airbox. We also bought another Filter which is supposed to be an improvement over the Gas Gas item. We haven't done these as the bike seemed to be ok without them.

lewis

dirt and water seems to be coming in at the wide slot right at the top do you think i would get away with a bit of sponge in there or would it resteict the air flow to much can i get wider flap from gasgas uk.

Telecat

ill look in to thoes filters the one i have in a twin air i was told its the best on market can you tell me make of the one you have and ill give it a go

cheers boys :D

Is there not a plastic flap over that lid when you open it up Lee ? Ive got one on mine il take a pic if you dont know which bit i mean , mine seems to collect most of the crap before going in and i very rarely have to clean out my airbox.

There should be a seal around that top lid as well like a rubber tube all the way round which seals it.

And yeah you can get the wider flap from gas gas uk its worth it anyway cos it covers your shock as well so you dont get crap down there.