Trophy Cost?

sam

You need to narrow down your question some to get good answers.

Personally, as a rider and a promoter, I like to give and recieve awards that are special and that I like to show off.

Bill Catogni's Florida awards, The HTC metal cut out guys, and honestly, my "first Rock" from Pigeon Forge are pretty high, a pewter mug from the German Nationals are high.

Count on at least $3 per award, and the costs escalate quickly.

I am currently having medallions made (cast) for my event.

I had photo's taken and frames laser burned for it last year.

Really boils down to how much you want to spend, and how important it is for you. And how many you buy often has a large impact as well.

Could you refine your parameters just a bit.

I guess you lost me Stuart,

That is where they start at as best I can see,

And actually, I think my medallions are coming out slightly cheaper, but that still puts about $600 out of pocket for my event and prepping for the Camelot Series. I have not figured out the engraving part of the equation quite yet though.

Yes, from what I have found, medals are the least expensive.

I highly reccomend www.dorisbros.com

Jason Doris.

Professional, fast, timely, inexpensive, no BS.

I think I was paying about $20 for a set of 3 (1st, 2nd, 3rd) from 12" to 24" with our logo screen printed onto the medallion for the Youth Awards last year.

Alot of the organizers in our club (3D) like to make there own trophies. We have one organizer who drills a hole to fit a spark plug in a nice block of wood and makes a nice placard on his home computer. Another organizer made modern art sculptures out of old motorcycle parts. Last year I sculpted little scale model trials sections complete with obsticles and tire tracks for my trials. Different sizes for each class. My trophies although they took several hours to make cost less than $10.00 for the whole event, 20 trophies. They were very well accepted by all. I think I will do it again this year, only improve on the design. Ive seen others that burn placard info onto sticks with poly coating and others that engrave info on small rocks. its all in good spirit and I would much rather have any one of the above than a "real" trophy with a 1970's vintage motocross bike on it.

Oh yea... And we also give HO,HO'S out to everyone who rides.

Our club has gone to one trophy a year style. All the of our events in Alberta are run under a single club. One club member would build the trophies for the year and hand them out to every member. Then at each event, when you place, you get a small name plaque with the event name and placing to stick on to your trophy. Our costs are minimal and keeps down the clutter of junk trophies.

We have one organizer who drills a hole to fit a spark plug in a nice block of wood and makes a nice placard on his home computer. Another organizer made modern art sculptures out of old motorcycle parts. Last year I sculpted little scale model trials sections complete with obsticles and tire tracks for my trials. Different sizes for each class.

Sounds good, have you any photos of the items?

I think there has been some interesting points of view, on this topic, but perhaps the best one, is the fact that some events that do have special trophies, will always be remembered, and can be a proudly displayed for the times when Trials buddies come to visit.

The riders who win silver spoons in the Scott Trial value them like gold, and so they should, it takes a hell of a lot of ability and stamina to win one.

In Canada and I would also include the USA in this, Trophies have become meaningless, because it seems that all you have to do at some events, is finish, and you get a trophy. - This is mainly due to the fact that there are way too many classes. - However, if a rider goes out and buys a new bike, travels to events, and makes an honest effort, then I think he or she should be rewarded with something that captures the spirit of that event.

The bottom line is that awards have to be earned - The way they do things in the UK is probably still the best.

Our local vintage group uses bronze type medallions with a picture of a trials rider(actual photo) somehow embossed on the back. The front says (first) place(whatever class) vintage trials. They are really nice and I understand they are done by a trophy shop locally and you can put whatever photo you want on them. I understand the cost is about ten bucks(US) each. They also have a ribbon that you can wear around your neck while you are dancing naked in front of the spouse during celebration!

For those luckey enough, you may fill your pockets with them so that everyone knows you have something worth seeing at the next trial! :rolleyes: