What Is This?

dirtyacid

Just recived the Gasgas catalogue for the 06 txt,s & wondered what the hell the Ignition map switch is??

& what doe,s it do??

I,ve got a 96 Gasgas 370 & it doesn,t have anything like that & wanted to know more as the Gasgas is on my list of possible new bike,s im going to buy.

Don't worry about it, he's a tw4t for doing it.

Give the bloke a chance BillyT. What's the point? Easy pickings? I tell you what, if you go up to the park on a Sunday afternoon, you can tip old people out of wheelchairs too.

This one goes on the list for shure?????? What sort of text talk is that ya gimp?

Unfortunately, BillyT is one of the blokes who could actually give you a pretty accurate account of what the switch is for, so from my lesser knowledge, I believe it's a two way switch labelled sunshine and rain, which can change the ignition characteristics of the bike. Bit softer on rain setting to keep the grip. I'm sure someone will fill you in on the details.

from what i have been told the switch is a switch to change the ignition curve and on the "rain" setting the bike is smoother at bottom end and only revs to 8000rpm but when you switch it onto the "sunshine" setting it gives the bike more power off bottom end and more aggressive and the bike revs to 10,000rpm or there abouts and i have an 06 gas gas 250 and when i had the switch on you could certainly tel that the bike revved out more on the sunshine setting but can`t really tell that much on bottom end, hope this has helped

Mr Clammy

Try living in my world.... Lots of e-mails asking techy question that are written like they are inside an Egyptian tomb, in other words hieroglyphics.

If you think I am the only one who is tired of people who post their questions in gobblygook then think again.....

I have been posting on this board for over eleven years. When we first started out text messaging was non existent and people took the time to type their questions as best they could.

I am no English major, god knows my spelling and grammar leaves much to be desired. But I respectfully try my best.

I would suggest that since you are new to this forum, you should be the one lightning up.

Bikespace is just pulling my chain and he knows I am giving the new guy a hard time all in good fun.

My contributions throught the years and help given to those in private e-mails and phone calls gives me some right to be cranky.

We need all sorts of people on this web site,

We also need those who need help to respect how and what they write. Those who take the time to compose a sentence and make an effort to spell correctly get the attention. One who just writes down a bunch gobblygook draw focus away from what they are trying to say and written off as texters, or even worse...... Gas Gas riders....

The elder's of this site are there to keep the newbies in check and maintan some kind of decorem.

Perhaps you have given me the wrong impression but I have to say the original question, although written poorly, did appear to be a genuine one and was certainly clear to understand. I feel that your response was harsh to say the least.

If you are so tired of poorly written questions, then why not simply move on rather than feeling the need to insult the writer?

You talk about the need to show respect despite being disrespectful yourself, why knock Gas Gas riders in the same paragraph that you talk about respect?

Reading this post, I am given the impression that you feel rather self important, I must say you come accross as being arrogant and impatient.

I appreciate that you consider yourself to be an 'elder' but this does not excuse rudeness.

I dislike the 'text' method of spelling, I see it in my daily work and not just from youngsters. There should be no place for this style of writing on TC however, I also dislike the overuse of smileys which you seem to enjoy using. Are they not used to convey an emotion? An emotion that would take up to much valuable written space and time? The same reason for text abbreviations? Double standards here I think.

Why not lead by example and show a litttle patience towards your peers?

Edited by scorpa3

dirtyacid

engini map changes the rPm,s, Set at factor,y. You can,t change it. It changes the sparck advance either advancing or retarding".

hopes thes helps you.

That better guys?

Sorry it was that time of the month ;)

I will try and behave my self in future

BillyT

dirtyacid

engini map changes the rPm,s, Set at factor,y. You can,t change it. It changes the sparck advance either advancing or retarding".

hopes thes helps you.

That better guys?

Sorry it was that time of the month ;)

I will try and behave my self in future

BillyT

Absolutely wrong Billy T and I should roast you for not knowing so.

The handlebar switch on the gasser 06 only changes the map at higher rev settings and can be done on the fly. Keep up with the times please.

Dabster

I do not know the first thing about Gas Gases, and I know it.

But,,,, I think I stated it does exactly as you said, I said " it changes the spark advance at the higher RPM's and is preset at the factory" Mmmm... my point is now well established that if one writes poorly the message is taken wrongly or miss understood. touche.

Hopefully I created a stink and people will be a little more thoughtfull in their posts?

Steve, is that an invite to stay with you?

Roast me please I am in Canada its cold

Global warming from the roasts, another topic I predict.

Steveeeeeee...... Mon Ami Avec proteines, glucides, et 22 vitamines et mineraux

Edited by BillyT

only thing I know about the button is that it makes a big difference--- on single track anyway. 06 300txt at 9k.

sunshine is much faster reving and will also pull you out of the 5th gear bog alot better. Cloudy is very gentle on power delivery. Feels like a different motor. You can tell right away when something has hit that switch-- a branch or something.

Cloudy might be good for 1st gear section work.....