Gassed Up Rev 3

leggins

my son was playing around with my rev 3 the other day and managed to gas it up.I have tried without any luck to get it started. Has anyone got any suggestions.... and not the dont let the kids near your bike type.

thanks leggins

First of all thanks for the advice.After my post I removed the carb and plug to give them a good clean. It was while I was putting it back together tha t i noticed there was no spark. There seems to be an electrical problem. Any ideas ? This bike is new to me and we dont seem to have got off to a good start. I have heard that betas are prone to faulty electrics is this true ?

cheers leggins

Try a new plug mate, if your lads like mine make sure he has nt pulled any wires out anywhere. Disconect the kill switch incase its that first. Could be the ignition, but pretty sure Beta have sorted that out now.Take the plug cap off and see if the H/t wire is getting sparks, could just be the plug cap itself

I flooded mine when I first had it and wore myself and a few others out trying too start it!!! R2w stripped it too an extent in the carpark and mine also seemed too have little too no spark but with fresh legs and no plug in another r2w rider had a few kicks then tried again with the plug in and all has been well since!

Tip do the carb mods and don`t leave the fuel on over night and definatley don`t leave the fuel on when in transit!!!!

:thumbup:

Pfffft, bloody southern poofs! :D My old bike has had a leaking fuel tap for the past 6 months which means it constantly drips into the carb and makes starting for the first time each ride an exercise in optimism and endurance. I just look(ed) at it as a bloody good warm-up for the legs!

No choke, throttle wide open and 20-30 good solid kicks should sort it. Sheesh, what's up with you guys?!? :thumbup:

she lives, she lives ...did the plug out thing, Disconected the kill switch and gave it loads of northen boot. Plug back in ,First kick back in business. Onto the rack and out in the sun for some fun...life is good(untill the next hurdle anyway ! )

clutch in need of adjustment. looks easy enough ,any information anyone....

cheers leggins :thumbup:

Yep...unfortunately :thumbup: but if it gives me hero status maybe I should continue to do so!! :D Personally I think it labels me a bit funny in the head rather than anything else.

Looked at several Betas already...but havent found one that hasnt done the SSDT or something like that yet..never mind keep searching eh!