What Size Is The Clutch M/c On A 2004 315r?

zanx

I'm finding the clutch a little unforgiving for a learner such as myself and was wondering if a master cylinder with a smaller piston would expand the current on/off clutch action into something a little more friendly. It's an AJP MC.

aparently this will make no difference as aparently the area in the larger mc is exactly rhe same as the smaller one although i doubt this...i cant just remember who told me thugh...i were guna put a bigger mc on my gasser but never got round to it.

or you could get hold of a mitani 3 stage progressive clutch i believe you can obtain one of these off <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> the website is <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>....i thinkk please somebody correct me if this is wrong.

Edited by ned1

So it's not just me then? That's a relief. Blasted thing nearly launched me into the Grand Union Canal after throwing me into some nettles :thumbup:

My bad really, fluffed a turn, pulled the clutch in without getting off the gas, feathered the clutch and WHAM! I was on my butt, in the nettles with the canal trickling along 12" away from my front wheel :D

Oh, can I use regular gear oil with the Mitani conversion or only that stupidly expensive ELF oil.

Edited by Zanx

im pretty sure you can just run normal oil in it.my das 315's cluth is stupidly sharp althhough he seems to have got used to it.he is a beginner by the way although he can now get up some decent rocks!

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd report back. I fitted the Mitani kit and it's 100% better, nice and smooth, very light, no drag and a nice big sweep of clutch bite. Comes with one less plate than stock and all the steel plates you'll need. Running it on Putoline and it's just fine.

Cheers Ned :beer: