Got Flywheel?

motomax

While at the world round in TN, USA, I had the great fortune to check out the factory Gassers up close and personal. Both Raga and Farjardo had heavier flywheels fitted to their bikes as evidenced by the spacer placed under the flywheel cover. Over the past 3 yrs, I have owned a 280 Pro, a 300 Pro and now a 250 Pro. I have been searching for the perfect balance of smooth low end power that builds rev's evenly but finishes with a strong, quick burst at top. My 250 is the closest I have found. I run 10/43 gearing, a keihin carb and a slow throttle, everything else is stock motor wise. I am intrigued with the heavier flywheel. Does anyone have any experience using a heavier flywheel on a Pro? I am most interested in it's application for 250 or 280. I would also welcome anyone's comments on the subject of heavier flywheel for trials applications also. :thumbup:

the heavier flywheel will soften and smoothen out the bottom end and also will make the bike rev for longer than with a stock flywheel as the added weight will keep the engine turning i think, i would like to know how you go on with the flywheel weight if you decide to put one on please

i,ve go a flywheel weight on my 200 pro .i think it makes the bike ! long hillclimbs especially muddy ones are great with it on .put it in forth and just wind the power on. no wheel spin just more low down power.also the bike will now pull from a stand still without any of the drama it used to have .i,ve rode a 250 pro without a flywheelweight and this is pretty much what my bike now feels like bottom end .hope this helps .i,d definately recommend one

im sorry if this is alittle off topic but arnt trals bikes suppost to have a snappy lower end? i can nderstand why you would want a smoother top end for hill climbs etc. but for rocks and going for hills with no run up is it not better if the bike sort of pops?also how much weight would the fly wheel weight add or will this be unnoticable?

Edited by ned1

I have recently fitted a weight to my raga 300, its still bloody wild. but a good investment for a twit like me as it makes it fractionally less likely to spit you out!!!!

And please no smart alecs telling me i should have got a 200 or similiar as "thats all my minimal skills can handle"... Having seen off 40 xmas's i will ride whatsoever i please.!!! :rolleyes:

s.m.

Edited by 348mate

• 2 weeks later...