Need New Rear Shocks. Advice Please.

old trials fanatic

After todays outing and after letting someone else try the B40, who at least knows what they are doing, it transpires that as i felt the rear shocks on the B40 need sorting. :marky:

The ones fitted are "Mick Andrews Classic" ones with the black springs and either the spring rate is too heavy or the damping rate is. :hyper:

So do i put them on E bay and fit something else if so what? I was thinking either Betor, heard you can specify the spring rate, Rock Shocks, hear they are around again but dont know where to get them, NJB Trick Shocks , again allegedly you can specify length spring rate etc. Anybody used them on a Pre 65 B40 ?

Alternatively should i try to get some lighter springs? If so any ideas where? Will Betor ones fit ?

The damping works fine just that the rear is too hard to compress making it a very harsh ride and short of grip. The springs are on the softest pre load but pre load doesnt affect spring rate only the ammount of sag so must be the rate thats at fault.

Any ideas or recommendations guys? :rolleyes:

I have quite a lot of buFgered marzochis lying arounfd. You can have a set of springs from those for nowt. Postage costs 25 quid though hahahahah Let me know the dimensions you might need and i will look! cheap post to uk is about 6 quid!

Lee

BTW I get all my NJBs from Steve Goiode. he has them made up for my weight and the experts are spot on ....at least for 2007240/300 fantics

Edited by Lee Harris

Try Robin at Falcon Shocks 01929 554545. All sorts of different spring rates, damping and shock lengths + they are fully rebuildable/ repairable. He has loads of experience with all types of twinshocks and I have always found him very helpful when setting bikes up. I'm pretty sure he leaves the answer machine on in the mornings so they can get some work done so pm would be the best time to call.