What Else?

rev`er

I am planning on a 2001 Montesa next month, im planning to get the following things to smarten it up:

Keihin Carb.

Aktive Reeds,

Straight tube for silencer,

Hebo Bars,

Hebo levers,

Seal Protectors,

Carbon Fork Guards,

Talon Sprockets,

Iris chain

Can you guys think of anything else i should get??

Go for the jitsie kevlar fork guards, they are thick and the quality is great.

The carb, reeeds and straight tube sound like a good idea, but do you really need the rest. Why not save yourself some money and just replace the levers, bars, chain and sprockets when the originals wear out/ break!

Ill probably just get the reeds, carb and straight tube then,

what do you mean by a real handful, will it be really torquey, and pull of my arms, will the boyesen reeds not sharpen up the bottom end, and so does the keihin carb, i thought that the carb to sharpen up the bottom and tha active rreds to sharpen up top??? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Chris

I'd try the straight tube first, with standard carb and reeds.

Personally I'd then fit Boyesens with the standard carb. Makes for a strong bottom end and and will rev out with plenty of power.

The Haven porting would be next as it is spot on, didn't Wonder Boy get his motor done ?

There's no doubt that the Keihin and Active's will make a very powerful motor. But if its pulling your arms off it might be a bit more difficult to ride :rolleyes:

Its not all about power, I had a 280 conversion and it was very hard to ride, even a couple of local Experts preferred their 'stock' 315s to it.

Ask the Sandiford Montesa riders (Boyd or jrsunt) what carbs/reeds they use ?