315s Are A Drag

powellriver315

thanks for your thoughts on my dragging clutch issue, swapping it with aftermarket cr plates sounds like the best idea. my local dealer is asking for the exact year of cr 250 or a part number. my 315 is a 98, i'm guessing the cr is also but they changed around that time. any help would be great.

After speaking to the importers in the UK this week about my own 315 clutch,dont get the friction plates for the CR as the they are all the same compound,the Mont friction plates are paper and cork,making them more progressive than the instant snatch of the motocrosser ones.

I just finished putting my clutch back together.I had a big problem with drag,the bike leaping forward when put in gear when cold and also occasionally the bike continuing to drive when the clutch pulled in.

I just fitted a set of 6 raceline dimpled steel plates and a new set of STANDARD Montesa friction plates.4 cork and 3 paper.starting with a cork then the 3 paper then the remaining cork,as in the manual.The bike is now sweet,with a progressive clutch and zero drag.It previously had a set of 7 cork plates such as would be found in the CR 250 crosser to give instant delivery hence the snatch that I experienced.My bike is totally transformed,it's 'kin ace.try it. :D