Grace Dignan Memorial Trial Fersit

kbd

Regs are now available for the Grace Dignan trial at Fersit on lochabermcc.co.uk come and try one of the best scottish trials of the trials year. We have got three classes A route (championship ) Master class(50/50) and B route.

Cheers Kev :D

• 2 weeks later...

cant wait Kev.

Its one of the best days out on a bike and will be even better with a masters class for us 'overthehill' riders that still want a challenge.

Lochaber club should be congratulated on the 'masters' idea - they have proved it can work.

In my view the SACU should take a long hard look at their 'clubman' championship which is doing nothing to bring on riders in Scotland - How about running the clubman championship on a masters route?

Now Kev - If I fit SPD's to the Mont will it help my score?

see you all up there :thumbup:

In my view the SACU should take a long hard look at their 'clubman' championship which is doing nothing to bring on riders in Scotland

"The Clubman Championship" (B Route)(which was originally proposed by IDMCC) was never intended to bring on riders in Scotland but to bolster the numbers riding the main Championship route which is always undersubscribed. As a bit of an incentive, a trophy was put up for the "Best Clubman"

If you think about it, a rider who wishes to advance should ride the "A" route where the sections would be more suited for this purpose. The rest (who make up the numbers and make an event financially viable) are there to enjoy their day out without breaking their bikes and being battered and bruised for the rest of the week!

How about running the clubman championship on a masters route?

The Clubman Championship is already being run on the B route.............maybe you're suggesting a "Masters Championship" as well! :blink:

Instead of having a pop at the SACU many of the times you post on here, why don't you get yourself elected on to the Trials Committee where you could maybe change things from within? :o D.

Instead of having a pop at the SACU many of the times you post on here, why don't you get yourself elected on to the Trials Committee where you could maybe change things from within? D.

i am only offering my humble opinion - if we cant use this forum to do that then what hope have we ? if the only way to change things is from within what does that tell you about the system?

I have ridden trials for 30 years, am well over 40 but get no enjoyment out of riding 'b' sections - the masters idea is perfect for me and also encourages youngsters to try something more difficult - all i am saying is that IMHO it is a good idea.

As far as getting elected onto the trials committee goes i feel that as i already give up half my life for the sport that the remaining time i have could be better spent :blink:

I have always said that you should put into the sport what you get out - there are many riders out there who could join the trials committee and do their bit.

Edited by overthehill

i am only offering my humble opinion

Indeed..............and you're very welcome to it.

if the only way to change things is from within what does that tell you about the system?

It's not the only way, but, I doubt if spewing your gripes out on here will have much effect. The system is the way it is because the majority can't be bothered getting off their lazy a***s to do something about it! Your club has votes and a voice that can be used at the AGM, you (your club) can also write to the Trials Committee with your comments/ideas/suggestions.........it's been done before.........successfully!

- the masters idea is perfect for me and also encourages youngsters to try something more difficult - all i am saying is that IMHO it is a good idea.

I'm total agreement with you.

But what you were suggesting earlier, was that the Clubman Championship be run on a Masters route. Again, is adding a Masters Championship the way to go?

I have always said that you should put into the sport what you get out - there are many riders out there who could join the trials committee and do their bit.

Refer to my earlier comments above. :blink: D.

I got a new mountain bike a couple of weeks ago - just been out on it - it was great. (Giant Trance if anyones interested) :blink::o

Is this for your Scott training? I've been told that the regs are due very soon.

Might be otherwise engaged on that day :o already thinking of a good excuse not to do it -the list so far includes

• knackered knees
  • considerable age
  • no 4RT to ride
  • cant be ar**d training
  • only ridden one trial since May
  • would break my vow 'never to do this again'

against the 'reasons to do it' list

• its the best one day trial in the world
  • the feeling you get riding up that hill to the finish

All the SSDT

OTH. You seem to be giving me abuse and i haven't said a thing, so here goes, your excuses are feeble old man stop using the "ive got knackered knees " line thats jeffs excuse . Just admit the fact you're like the rest of us "girls", hopeless. I do agree with you on the masters issue because there are some of us who would like something a bit more than the B route but aren't either daft enough or good enough for alot of the A route sections. Can't make it on sunday but did ride the pollock and it was excellent . :blink: