02 Pro Clutch Master

top cat

Help

I just got an 02 280 Pro. Handlebars were off for shipping. To a few pumps of the brake lever to get them to work however, not sure if the clutch is working. Is pull supposed to be so light? Sorry, this is my first trials bike. I can here something happening at the slave end when I pull the lever in but before I go slam it into gear with the engine running, I like to make sure it's fully disengaging. How do you bleed this system? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

These things can be tricky to bleed. If you look around on this site you will find some horror stories about what can happen when you start to mess around with them. Not that it can't be done, but why open a can of worms if you don't need to?

The clutch pull should be very light, it quite likely is working fine. Make sure the kill switch works, then keep your thumb on it as you nick it into gear.

If you do need to bleed it, you will find some tech articles listed on the front page, in the right hand column, that will help.

Bruce

not sure if the clutch is working. Is pull supposed to be so light?

One of the problems I had with my 02 was the clutch stiffening up. The clutch is lovely and light when it's good, so it's probably fine.

If it begins to stiffen up, you can buy the plates to repack it (very cheap), or just shove it in the shop :rolleyes: You have to play around with the plates a fair bit to get them within certain tolerances.

Just give it a go. Give yourself a bit of space when you chuck it in to gear :blink:

The kill button will stop you if there is a problem.

Rest assured you're never going to find neutral on an 02 Pro with the engine running (that's normal) :blink: