Moto Gori Enduro Bike

sherpatensing

Does anyone know the wherabouts of a MotoGori Enduro bike. I used to own one back in about 1979/80. It was fitted with a 250 Sachs engine with a seven speed gearbox. (yes seven) It was a very peaky engine and most unsuitable for enduro unless it was over a flat field!

I would like to find it if it is still in existance or a similar one that may be for sale. I never saw another one nor have seen one since. Any comments would be interesting.

Take a look at this site if you want some info and pictures of Gori enduros here

I sometimes get asked for Gori enduro spares, and have been contacted by a guy in Liverpool area a couple of times who has a 7 speed Sachs version.

There are often a few for sale in Italy, drop me a personal message if you want me to try and locate one for you.

Cheers

Martin

Martin, Thanks for the reply. The reason I would want another one is for the nostalgia so I would not wish to pay much!! Also I think it would need to be complete and running as I suspect spares may now be getting scarce.

That said, I would still have one. The memories of the vicious power delivery and trying to keep the front wheel down in the first four gears are etched in the mind. Also I still have the scars and remember the four weeks spent in hospital after the bugger spat me off.

I have several decent photos of it taken in 1981 if you ever need a reference.

Sherpatensing

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

a up there im sorry ive not been in touch bin waitin to see my mate about his moto gori seen him today an he said he will sell the bike only needs a air box but he said he will contact you through this web site if you dont here anything in the next week email me an ill ring him and get him to contact you hope this is ok

• 2 years later...

hello guys, im new here, i realise this post is well old but i came up in a google search. i just wondered how you got on with the seven speed? i have a gori g81 i dont really know what purpose it was built for i am guessing enduro tho, or someone has spent time and money converting it as it has lights, 18" rear etc

i am really strugglin to find parts or anyone else who even has one, i pulled the rear wheel apart and found all the spacers were home made, out of galv conduit. other than that it is ready to roll really, any at all info would be brill. i am hoping martin know a bit :moon:)

thanks in advance, dan