2003 Beta Rev 3 250cc, What To Look For?

forbzy

Well i bought the bike, it seems in pretty good nick. That was until i got hold of it, deciding to take it home in the back of my esate car as i had to drive a long way to get it, i had to take the front wheel off. When i went to put it back on i managed to snap one of the bolts that tightens around the front axle, joy. i should be able to get a replacement bolt from the local beta dealer shouldnt i? i also found that the clutch isnt quite working, but i think thats because its been sat for while and not used? The head light was an addition i believe.

Yea thankfully the local beta dealer isn't far away and got them in post yesterday. now i have the problem of the fork seal, do i attempt to do it myself (using a guide i found on this website) or give it to someone who knows exactly what their doing?

Fork seals really aren't that difficult as long as you take it slow if it's the first time you've done it (yes, this advice is coming from someone who couldn't work out how to fit a bar pad in another thread - laugh it up boys!)

There's a really good step-by-step guide on Ryan Young's site that I used the first time I replaced the seals on a Beta (Shercos use Paioli forks too but be aware that the Beta ones are slightly different - more adjustment I think). The general process is the same though. It can be a messy job (or maybe that's just me again :blink:)

The clutch on my Gas Gas barely works at all when the gearbox oil is cold, but as soon as the bike has warmed up it's perfect. I believe lots of bikes are the same when fully cold...

Re The cold clutch. My rev 3 takes off with me in tow hanging on for dear life when I put it in gear from cold much to the delight of my mates. After that it works fine. Nearly demolished the garden shed once :blink:

Edited by leggins

well i did the fork seal today and it seems to be fine, which im pretty chuffed about having not done it before! took the thing out for a burn today finally and its the strangest thing coming of a crosser on to that, the novelty of being able to bunny hop a motorbike hasnt worn off yet. The only thing left to try and sort is the wiring. It has lights fitted, but there not wired up, the wiring is there, i think. It also doesnt have a kill switch, anyone point me the right direction? Thanks