Gas Gas Chain Not Long Enough With Cams All The Way Round, Too Short If I Take A Link Out!

rickygg

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question really.. I have a Gas Gas TXT '09, S3 Cams, basically my chain at the moment is too long for my bike, the snail cams are all the way round to the highest point and still the chain is slack, but when i take a link out the chain (one split link, one normal link) even if i have the snail cams off and the axle as far forward as possible the chain isn't long enough to connect!

I was wondering what options there are?
I was thinking the Yoo-mee oversize snail cams might be big enough so that if i keep the two links in the chain will have plenty of tension? not sure whether they'll fit my bike or not.
Any suggestions as to what i can do? the cheaper the better!

Have you just changed sprockets etc? If not and the chain has just streched it's probably past it's use by date, Get a new one if that's the case.

Or as the others have pointed out a half link will do nicely if you have changed to different sprockets.

• Like 1